reputation does not work anywhere on the my site ?

Poojitha

Hi,

I have noticed that reputation/follow/like does not seem to be working on the site. I have tried disabling and re enabling the reputation but nothing seems to help. my version is 4.1.10 on PHP 5.4. does anyone know why this is happening or have any suggestions ? Please advice ?Thank you.

Thanks for your response Nathan. To make it a bit more clear, for eg users can see the little icon to follow in the forums posts but when they click on it the page just freezes and nothing happens . I think the request isn't going through.

We had had numerous issue's with forums ever since we got it and I suspect PHP 5.4 to be the cause . The nature of our community doesn't allow us to open our firewalls for the support team to look into it , so they are very unhelpful for us in regards to support. I guess I would need to talk to our sys admins about getting PHP 5.6 .

Hello

Thanks for your response. one of our moderators has replied on your thread . "Thanks so much for pointing me here. where exactly can i find the social tab of any of the groups ? i seem to be looking at the wrong place? " any help will be much appreciated .

On 4/27/2016 at 11:24 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

OK - the chances are that the problem is down to "4.1.10 on PHP 5.4" as there were some issues related to PHP 5.4 when 4.1.10 was released. Can you use a later version of PHP (5.5 or 5.6) to determine if it is related?

Is there any patch to fix this issue ? we are unable to get any help from the support team and i would really like this to be working.Thank you.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I don't know what the issue is, so I can't answer if there is any patch - I suggested it might be PHP 5.4 related, and you've indicated it isn't.

Support is your best option if you are now on a version of PHP higher than 5.4

Unfortunately Ticket support is not a an option for us. !!  I have one last question - I see a follow option on top right of posts in this forums site , How do i enable the same on my forums site ? is there a guide i can look at ?  I really appreciate your help .

I may be wrong but it's all on by default, and I don't think there is a way to turn it off.

I hate to say this but does the following mean that you can't post a link for people to look at the site to assist further? It can be difficult to help without seeing an issue.

On 27/04/2016 at 4:52 PM, Poojitha said:

The nature of our community doesn't allow us to open our firewalls for the support team to look into it

7 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I may be wrong but it's all on by default, and I don't think there is a way to turn it off.

I hate to say this but does the following mean that you can't post a link for people to look at the site to assist further? It can be difficult to help without seeing an issue.

Unfortunately yes. we Cannot open up our ports/firewalls for IP support people to look into our site due to federal regulations at my work place. we cannot provide them with the ftp access like they asked and they refuse to help us via skype/lync or any sort of web-ex even when we told them they could have full control that way. I cannot think of any other option for them to access our site without cheating our security laws. Do you have any suggestions? Can we tarball the site and host it on a public host ? how much effort/time do you think that will take and would it be of any use at all ??

Just to close this one off, and in the interests of sharing some information for others seeing the following behaviour: reputation (liking) or following (the action of following, or wishing to view follow options) not working even though options are available to click on.

I assisted earlier, via webex, with this one. Symptoms as above, both related to the same root cause. Both of the above trigger an ajax call back to the server, making changes if necessary (ie liking something, or following something) and then the results are used to change the front-end (updating the like information, or updating the following information)

@Poojitha's site was setup on a server that was serving only on https. The problem was that the IPS suite was installed originally against a http version of the site. How this affects the above reveals itself when you use a web developer console to see the ajax calls taking place - in this case a "mixed content" message was displayed, and the url the call was being sent to clearly showed the site configured to run on http.

Action performed to fix: change the base_url in the conf_global.php file to correct the http to https, and then run the support tool to clear the IPS-based cached content. Sorted.

Archived