adding the attachments icons and number of downloads

hameedacpa

On 4/27/2016 at 1:17 AM, hameedacpa said:

before in 3.x there was feature for the attachments icons and number of downloads , it will be useful for the users of 4.x to have the same again and it will be better than keeping the attachments in the posts showing as a normal url

Check with @Adriano Faria, I feel like he might have a plugin for this.  

On 4/27/2016 at 2:17 AM, hameedacpa said:

before in 3.x there was feature for the attachments icons and number of downloads , it will be useful for the users of 4.x to have the same again and it will be better than keeping the attachments in the posts showing as a normal url

Yes - to me, it was one of the best features of the 3.x series. It kept posts with attachments very neat and visually appealing. In posts with attachments in 4.x, the posts are very bland and you can't even tell for sure if the link you're clicking on is an attachment (if you've even managed to find the link(s) in the case of a large post with mostly text), what the file type is, how popular it is (for both worthiness and reputation purposes), or whether it was uploaded via the website (especially if CDNs are in use).

4 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Plugin show hits (number of downloads) and size. It does not show icon because "Attachment Types" has been removed.

Thank you for pointing us all to the appropriate plugin, but as you said, it does not live up to the expectations of the 3.x series' functionality due to the absence of attachment types functionality. And, attachment types is yet another important feature that I won't go into in this topic.

Archived