4.x Menu CSS Help

joshuaj

I'm wondering, is the menu controlled by javascript now?

I'd like to make my menus have a vertical dropdown vs the horizontal effect that comes with the default theme. Can I accomplish this with css only or do I need to have javascript changes as well?

Thanks in advance for the help.

6 minutes ago, joshuaj said:

I'm wondering, is the menu controlled by javascript now?

I'd like to make my menus have a vertical dropdown vs the horizontal effect that comes with the default theme. Can I accomplish this with css only or do I need to have javascript changes as well?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Can be done with css .. lots of it but can be

Will post a tutorial on my website tomorrow if interested

Just now, steve00 said:

Can be done with css .. lots of it but can be

Will post a tutorial on my website tomorrow if interested

I'm very interested. I don't like that sub menu. I'd like to have the submenu act like a traditional vertical dropdown menu. If that makes sense?

7 minutes ago, joshuaj said:

I'm very interested. I don't like that sub menu. I'd like to have the submenu act like a traditional vertical dropdown menu. If that makes sense?

You mean something like this:

menu1.jpg

obviously you could change the colors to your own preference, am referring to what you are after regarding drop down menu

I actually stumbled across this post:

It is what I was looking for. This is how I wanted my secondary menu to look like. I did have to tweak it a bit to work for my site, but it is working as I intended. Thank you so much for you response/help with this.

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, steve00 said:

depends what you need help with and what you have done to create drop down menu

You can see it in my forum

The skin you see first is the modified default theme. Yesteday I could create the drop down menu but I need to copy exactly the one used in my second installed theme (Matter). You can switch between them to see the differences. I need to edit the drop down and the menu categories. I can pay usd 3,49 I have in paypal

16 minutes ago, SammyS said:

You can see it in my forum

The skin you see first is the modified default theme. Yesteday I could create the drop down menu but I need to copy exactly the one used in my second installed theme (Matter). You can switch between them to see the differences. I need to edit the drop down and the menu categories. I can pay usd 3,49 I have in paypal

Why not just copy the css for that area from one theme to the other (keep copy of the css file you are changing in case all goes wrong)

25 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Why not just copy the css for that area from one theme to the other (keep copy of the css file you are changing in case all goes wrong)

Because it´s a mess, even the designer isnt willing to do those changes

Just now, steve00 said:

wow .. that's not good for a designer ... find another theme by someone else and not use that designer again

I know. That´s why Im trying to get what I like from his theme and copy it in my default theme

Greetings

Archived