Editor toolbar buttons wrapping

TSP

When on the new topic screen or in the reply box on the bottom, you generally have enough space to place buttons in the cases where you have to limit your desktop width to 1000px. 

This means you can get all editor buttons to fit on one line in this view. 

However, when editing a post, you have an smaller area, which means not all the buttons are available if they couldn't all fit on the one line. Since you simply seem to cut them off. 

Could you instead wrap the remaining buttons automatically to a second editor line in these cases? Or provide an option for it. 

I know I could create it on two lines in the editor customization, but the buttons fit nicely on one line when starting a new topic or replying to an existing one. It's just when editing posts that not all buttons are visible as a result. I don't want to have multiple toolbar lines if not necessary. 

Right, they do. I was a bit quick here. 

The issue here is that the medium editor is applied to an area in desktop view (editing posts) where I expect the large one to turn up. This causes members to request a button to go to the full editor (like in 3.X) because they don't get all the same buttons as they get when writing the actual reply (Because IPS deems there is enough space for it). 

So I guess what I'm really requesting is to be able to decide the widths at which the different sizes of editor will show up. So I could lower the minimum breakpoint for the large editor. 

Alternatively I could put all the same buttons in the medium editor of course, but I'm not really sure that would be the best idea in the long run

4 hours ago, TSP said:

Right, they do. I was a bit quick here. 

The issue here is that the medium editor is applied to an area in desktop view (editing posts) where I expect the large one to turn up. This causes members to request a button to go to the full editor (like in 3.X) because they don't get all the same buttons as they get when writing the actual reply (Because IPS deems there is enough space for it). 

So I guess what I'm really requesting is to be able to decide the widths at which the different sizes of editor will show up. So I could lower the minimum breakpoint for the large editor. 

Alternatively I could put all the same buttons in the medium editor of course, but I'm not really sure that would be the best idea in the long run

Yeah, I 100% agree that it would be agood to be able to customise the response points, and ideally make ad many as you like. It wouldn't be too much work - they just need to change "medium" to a minimum width. 

Archived