(BIM41) Quick Search

onlyME

4 minutes ago, S P said:

Is there a way to control the sort of the results based on content area?  For example from http://demo.ipsviet.com/, if I wanted the results from musicbox to show before video.  

Also, is there a way to "rank" a particular item (example forum post) so it would be at the top of the search results?

The easiest way to answer that question is to ask if you can do what you want using the default IPS search.  

Quick Search does NOT change the underlying search by IPS.  It just makes the results look better.  

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @onlyME

Could you consider adding new option for Default search type?

Currently I choose to search for All content. in this scenario, you are opening a forum, a topic or ... in search bar we see, this forum, this topic, this file and ... and searching is gonna show us result from all contents, and not the type is display for us. so why quick search does not support default search type in search bar?

1 minute ago, shahed said:

Hello @onlyME

Currently I choose to search for All content. in this scenario, you are opening a forum, a topic or ... in search bar we see, this forum, this topic, this file and ... and searching is gonna show us result from all contents, and not the type is display for us. so why quick search does not support default search type in search bar?

I will consider your idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible this is a server config error but quick search have some issue with some searches on my site.

Example Audi A4. BMW M3, BMW M4 etc does not get any results on this plug in. But when search using IPS search I get results. Some other words like Tesla P8 and Tesla P85, P85D etc does work. Dont see why Tesla P8 works but not Audi A4?

Minimum characters to search is set to 3 but have tried 2 with same results. 

https://www.detailersclub.no/forums/

37 minutes ago, Dennis_87 said:

Possible this is a server config error but quick search have some issue with some searches on my site.

Example Audi A4. BMW M3, BMW M4 etc does not get any results on this plug in. But when search using IPS search I get results. Some other words like Tesla P8 and Tesla P85, P85D etc does work. Dont see why Tesla P8 works but not Audi A4?

Minimum characters to search is set to 3 but have tried 2 with same results. 

https://www.detailersclub.no/forums/

Can you give me acp access so I can take a look?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @onlyME

Presales question, it looks promising and love the idea of Videobox compatibility.

But the quick search on your demo site is appearing outside the page layout for me on Google Chrome:

59f97708e3b96_ScreenShot2017-11-01at3_24_36pm.png.929edad0f24b4c84e411609df3f7fd6f.png

It is cut off and I need to scroll the page to the right to see the search box.

Is it a temporary issue?

6 hours ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @onlyME

Presales question, it looks promising and love the idea of Videobox compatibility.

But the quick search on your demo site is appearing outside the page layout for me on Google Chrome:

59f97708e3b96_ScreenShot2017-11-01at3_24_36pm.png.929edad0f24b4c84e411609df3f7fd6f.png

It is cut off and I need to scroll the page to the right to see the search box.

Is it a temporary issue?

Yes, it will be fixed in the next version.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/09/2017 at 6:44 AM, shahed said:

Hello @onlyME

+1 it will very good if it's implemented in the quick search ^_^

21 minutes ago, scaz said:

Oh... In my forum when I am on a specific forum, and I want use quick search, the search is in all content and not in the forum where I am :( 

I have quick search version 2.0.4 (the last version)

I confirm this issue, I will add a new option to disable the default search type from plugin.

Archived