(BIM41) Quick Search

onlyME

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2016 at 7:26 PM, Hisashi said:

Really, I thought the "Minimum characters to search" ignores this rule.

After they added 4 characters to search. Ruined the search tool.

Totally agree!  We have many 3 words topics in our forum (ex. Ear Spy) and can't search for them.

I don't see it included in the description, but I wonder if there is a widget included so you can search anywhere on the website.

I think it would be a good option to allow users to search globally or inside the forum they are in. If it's possible, of course.

In communities like mine for example, we write reviews and opinions of services and members need to search the phone number or company name to avoid duplicated threads .. always before posting.  A widget would be a great help for users. They would just move to the forum, type the phone number and click on the thread to write a review.

1 minute ago, gabs007 said:

I don't see it included in the description, but I wonder if there is a widget included so you can search anywhere on the website.

I think it would be a good option to allow users to search globally or inside the forum they are in. If it's possible, of course.

In communities like mine for example, we write reviews and opinions of services and members need to search the phone number or company name to avoid duplicated threads .. always before posting.  A widget would be a great help for users. They would just move to the forum, type the phone number and click on the thread to write a review.

Hi,

Currently it doesn't have widget. I’ll add it to the feature list, though it will take some time to get it released.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Evisions Inc said:

Hey there I bought the plugin, but noticed that the page search isn't available. Do you have a timeline when it will be available? Or is it limited by IPS current inability to search pages?

Hi,

I don't understand. You can not see the drop down menu for search results when typing in search form?

On 6/21/2016 at 8:46 AM, Joel R said:

I think he means searching content in IP.Pages

Exactly.  Currently pages and the custom block data doesn't show up in search results even if the page has the page title and meta data entered.  From what I read there is a limitation with IPS 4 search as it doesn't search pages (although it can find articles or DB within the page.)

I was hoping your plugin might fix that, but understand it might not be able to because it's not built into IPS.

Hopefully that makes more sense. I'll send a PM with the example.

Just now, Evisions Inc said:

Exactly.  Currently pages and the custom block data doesn't show up in search results even if the page has the page title and meta data entered.  From what I read there is a limitation with IPS 4 search as it doesn't search pages (although it can find articles or DB within the page.)

I was hoping your plugin might fix that, but understand it might not be able to because it's not built into IPS.

Hopefully that makes more sense. I'll send a PM with the example.

Hi,

It only search articles, not search page content or block.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Caiden Spencer_321044 said:

Where is the CSS for this file? Mine appears as grey text in the search and I cannot see the topics. Please help

Hi,

Going to ACP > customization > Themes > click </> to edit your theme > CSS > core > front > custom > bimquicksearch.css

4 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Hi,

Going to ACP > customization > Themes > click </> to edit your theme > CSS > core > front > custom > bimquicksearch.css

Thanks that done the job!

Also it keeps going from left to right due to the "All Content" appearing and going away? Is there a possibility to keep it to the right without it moving...?

Also possible to remove the image as default shows a Camera?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Caiden Spencer_321044 said:

Also it keeps going from left to right due to the "All Content" appearing and going away? Is there a possibility to keep it to the right without it moving...?

I don't understand, please give me the screenshot.

2 minutes ago, Caiden Spencer_321044 said:

Also possible to remove the image as default shows a Camera?

It's from IPS apps, go ACP > Customization > Themes > click the dropdown button on the right and select Theme Resources. I don't remember the name of that file, try to find and edit it.

Archived