Sparkpost.com is not supporting/allowing Russian IPs/users

RPG-support

Just now, RPG-support said:

Why should I work in this direction if I did not spam?

You may have not spammed previously, but someone with that IP address in the past may have. or filters are going by whole ip blocks or even geo location and blocking an entire country, until otherwise proven not spam. (otherwise businesses couldn't do their business)

Please stop with the flamebaiting, as we offer help but all you do is bash the ideas and suggestions. This is me being real, not rude. 

10 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

You may have not spammed previously, but someone with that IP address in the past may have. or filters are going by whole ip blocks or even geo location and blocking an entire country, until otherwise proven not spam. (otherwise businesses couldn't do their business)

And what is the real reason for me to try to remove my IP from the blacklist? Someone spammed (or not - we do not know). The other side put the country into the blacklist. What is my fault as the IPS customer?! I do not even know how to try to remove ip from the blacklist. I am using VPN (purchased). So, I have somehow resolved this problem. But other IPS customers may have not such an opportunity.

10 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Please stop with the flamebaiting, as we offer help but all you do is bash the ideas and suggestions. This is me being real, not rude. 

This is you are writing to me or in my topic. I did not write any of you and did not want to do this. I am just reporting the situation in the special place called Product Feedback (means my topic created for the IPS staff firstly, not for other customers). I am trying to make the IPS products better as much as I can from the general user point of view. 

8 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

And what is the real reason for me to try to remove my IP from the blacklist? Someone spammed (or not - we do not know). The other side put the country into the blacklist. What is my fault as the IPS customer?! I do not even know how to try to remove ip from the blacklist. I am using VPN (purchased). So, I have somehow resolved this problem. But other IPS customers may have not such an opportunity.

This is you are writing to me or in my topic. I did not write any of you and did not want to do this. I am just reporting the situation in the special place called Product Feedback (means my topic created for the IPS staff firstly, not for other customers). I am trying to make the IPS products better as much as I can from the general user point of view. 

your ip on a blacklist (potentially) is not a flaw of IPS or MailChimp, or Sparkpost.

9 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

your ip on a blacklist (potentially) is not a flaw of IPS or MailChimp, or Sparkpost.

I did not say it is flaw or something. Please, consider this topic (the first post of the topic) as the report about the situation and my opinion how to make the IP Suite better. Please, do not think that I am asking any help, comment, advise, insult to me, any other type of communication with other members. 

54 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

I did not say it is flaw or something. Please, consider this topic (the first post of the topic) as the report about the situation and my opinion how to make the IP Suite better. Please, do not think that I am asking any help, comment, advise, insult to me, any other type of communication with other members. 

Your first post and topic title are not descriptive enough and does not have enough evidence to prove the issue lies with Mandrill OR Sparkpost.  Your topic title and first post are simply speculation based on your experience.  

Your experience, something others in this topic have tried to point out, could be due to an improper configuration of your domain's SPF and/or DKIM records.  Different providers, gmail, hotmail, etc, have different criteria for what they consider spam and/or what blacklists they reference.  So while e-mails go to a users inbox in gmail, they can very well go to spam on hotmail as hotmail uses different criteria for calculating spam.  Neither provider is at fault, but it is the domain owners responsibility to get to the root of the issue... Why was the e-mail flagged as spam?  

To identify the root cause of the issue, you'll need to see the mail servers logs, possibly the e-mail header itself, to find out why the e-mails are being flagged as spam.  Your specific domain, or IP, may be on a blacklist that is independent of Mandrill or Sparkpost.  This happens quite frequently with shared hosting providers.  Your domain may not be configured to explicitly allow Mandrill and/or Sparkpost servers to send e-mails on your domains behalf.  

At the end of the day, there are a great number of things that could be going wrong here that have nothing to do with Mandrill or Sparkpost.  Without evidence to show that the issue truly lies with Mandrill or Sparkpost, IPS will likely do nothing with respect to the built in providers.  That being said, you're welcome to use ANY provider you like that allows for an SMTP connection, but keep in mind, if the issue does lie with your domain SPF or DKIM records, the problem you're having will NOT go away no matter what provider you use.

13 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

Your first post and topic title are not descriptive enough and does not have enough evidence to prove the issue lies with Mandrill OR Sparkpost.  Your topic title and first post are simply speculation based on your experience.  

Once again please let me explain my position. I am not reporting here to callect what I am doing right or wrong. Not I am wating any personal replies. I did not say that something with my SPF and/or DKIM records is wrong. And I did say enough to understand the topoic theme. This forum is the product feedback and I am reporting to the staff what I think will be better as much as I can according to the level of my English. If you like to say something, please, do not write as the reply to me. Please, comment alone or open your own topic. I do not like to battle with anybody here and do not seak for any advise or help here. 

5 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

Once again please let me explain my position. I am not reporting here to callect what I am doing right or wrong. Not I am wating any personal replies. I did not say that something with my SPF and/or DKIM records is wrong. And I did say enough to understand the topoic theme. This forum is the product feedback and I am reporting to the staff what I think will be better as much as I can according to the level of my English. If you like to say something, please, do not write as the reply to me. Please, comment alone or open your own topic. I do not like to battle with anybody here and do not seak for any advise or help here. 

I'm not trying to battle with you.  I'm trying to understand if your issue is legitimate.  In which case you would need evidence.  

Your first post simply asks for more options than Mandrill or Sparekpost.  We're here to tell you that you can use ANY provider that has an SMTP connection regardless of whether or not IPS provides a one-button setup solution.  

Your topic title implies there is an issue with Mandrill or Sparkpost the may introduce issues for masses of IPS customers.  If that's true, I agree IPS should look into it, but without evidence that there is a potential mass issue to IPS customers, why would IPS look into such a general comment with no evidence when they JUST went through the exercise of selecting Sparkpost as a replacement for Mandrill users that can no longer use their free accounts.  

This is what I am talking about:

123123.jpg

So, may be it will be good to add another service which is available worldwide. Or change the Sparkpost with the service which is available worldwide.

Concerning spam-folders issues: I was able to chat with other users here and there were reports that Hotmail is putting emails to spam-folders disregarding the DNS settings. 

Please, do not argue or write to me, I am reporting here just for the staff information. I will not reply to any personal insulting or not insulting replies from any IPS customers.

I'm not arguing with you.  I was simply trying to get to the root of the issue that caused your feedback.  That screenshot is compelling evidence that the issue is indeed with SparkPost.  That's all I've been asking for you to provide to support your feedback.  

I'm sorry if you took my posts as insulting or argumentative, they were not meant to be.  Just trying to help you reveal the information IPS would need to properly evaluate your feedback.  

• Management

I'm sorry Sparkpost isn't working out as well for a few of you as Mandrill. There's no financial incentive for IPS for selecting Sparkpost -- they were the most responsive to us and the most requested from all of you. I think we'd rather not get into multiple integrations that we have to stay on top of in terms of API changes, etc. We selected the one that seemed like the best fit and undoubtedly, others would have their issues too. Remember, you can still use SMTP for any other provider. Until 4.1.11, everything, even Mandrill, was sent via SMTP anyway, apart from bulk mailing. 

Archived