Sparkpost.com is not supporting/allowing Russian IPs/users

RPG-support

On 18.04.2016 at 6:28 PM, RPG-support said:

I like to use all the options of the product.

You can't use all options of the product, unfortunately. You can use only SparkPost OR only SMTP-provider.

3 hours ago, RPG-support said:

The next problem is that Sparkpost support is not replying to the request to increase the daily email limit (500 emails per day on the free account by default). It is said that they are replying within 2 days. I am waiting their reply already 3 days. 

Have you completed all of these steps? Because default limit for free plan is 10000 emails per day.

2016-04-22_16-57-11.png 2016-04-22_16-58-58.png

In general, I'm against removal of SparkPost. It works pretty good with no issues.

15 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

All Sparkpost's emails are going to the hotmail spam folder.

Setup SPF correctly? Since the 3rd party is sending emails for you, it may appear differently in the email header. You may need to change some DNS settings to allow other servers to send emails on your behalf.

3 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

change some DNS settings to allow other servers to send emails on your behalf.

Should I change this settings again and again if sometimes I am using my server smtp for example for other sites wich are not sending through the Sparkpost? Or want to send not throught the Sparkpost for this site sometimes using my own smtp.

12 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

Should I change this settings again and again if sometimes I am using my server smtp for example for other sites wich are not sending through the Sparkpost?

You should learn what is TXT-SPF record and what is TXT-DKIM record before asking questions about sending e-mails.

Also, if you not remember, Mandrill asked for changing this records on initial setup. And any another mailing service asking for this, otherwise all e-mails will be moved to SPAM folder on recieving.

24 minutes ago, CV01 said:

If you will not learn about this records, you will not understand what they're mean for SMTP-servers and how it affect SPAM-rating of e-mail.

I understood your mentor's position. I do not like to receive any comments from you. My questions were not addressed to you.

They already added sparkpost into 4.1.11, why would they remove it now? I don't think it would be that hard to have a 3rd party developer integrate another method.

1 minute ago, RPG-support said:

I understood your mentor's position. I do not like to receive any comments from you. My questions were not addressed to you.

There is no need to be rude, he's only trying to help you.

7 minutes ago, Tom Irons said:

There is no need to be rude, he's only trying to help you.

I am not rude because there not any rude words here. I just told what I think in order to help the other user not to spend his valuable time on replying to my comments.

4 minutes ago, Tom Irons said:

I had the same issue for a few days, now everything works perfectly. It very well maybe your SPF records, or once you have them set you may have to wait a few days.

Also the other reason is said in the topic title.

6 minutes ago, Tom Irons said:

What other alternative would you like to see? Most of them will allow you to just use the SMTP settings, then your good to go.

Unfortunately I am not expert in providing any alternatives because I am not the expert like @CV01

I am just telling my opinion as the user of the product. May be this will help to improve something.

10 minutes ago, Tom Irons said:

If you can't give us a name of another provider you'd like to see then I guess you'll be stuck using sparkpost integration or get the SMTP settings of another provider and use that.

I never used Mandrill. I am trying to use Sparkpost. But as I said Russian IPs are not allowed while registering. This is not convinient. I am not expert in finding appropriate mailing service since I do not know the criteria why it may be considered appropriate to be used in IP Suite. So, I prefer that other people provide the working in all sences variant.

21 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

Is only 

EMAILS PER MONTH

running SMTP isn't cheap. that's why they sell messages.

28 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

why it may be considered appropriate to be used in IP Suite

if it supports SMTP then it's supported. you don't always need a fancy API to get everything working.

29 minutes ago, RPG-support said:

But as I said Russian IPs are not allowed while registering.

Most email / 3rd party sending providers won't deal with countries that are known for spam messages or botnets. I am not 100% sure, but I think China has the same issue.

Archived