Block Manager and Easy Editor

Mev

Hi people, I've just brought our forums up-to-date, going from 3.4.X to the latest. From what I've seen of other's forums you're able to modify the design, layout and add in blocks. With that said, I don't seem to have a "magic wand" button on my theme to access the Easy Editor nor an arrow on the left side of my forums to add/modify blocks. Is there something I'm missing?

21 minutes ago, Mev said:

I don't seem to have a "magic wand" button on my theme to access the Easy Editor

ACP > Customization > Themes > click the little magic wand icon to start 

22 minutes ago, Mev said:

nor an arrow on the left side of my forums to add/modify blocks.

Edit your theme > Custom tab > Sidebar

Ah, yup. I just have to create a theme with Easy Mode selected. The default theme is automatically in manual mode, it seems.

With the sidebar block manager, these are my settings for my theme. However I don't see anything regarding draggable blocks:

1EcaCiu.png

Here's the feature I'm looking for:

blocks.jpg

Edit: Looks like I'd been added in the moderator permissions both under my group and myself when I was brought onto the staff. My group had permissions to edit the sidebar but I was personally set to have no access. All sorted, thanks again!

22 minutes ago, Mev said:

With the sidebar block manager, these are my settings for my theme. However I don't see anything regarding draggable blocks:

ACP > Members > Moderators > edit icon > Can manage sidebar?  

You need to adjust the moderator permission for the sidebar.  

Archived