Articles as threads as well, good or bad for SEO?

LDDG

Seeing that IP.Content has the capability of creating a new thread everytime a new article is posted, my question is: Is this good or bad for SEO purposes?

Do search engines see this as duplicate content and a weak attempt at creating more content on the site, thus probably flagging it as spam?

I've always wondered about this...

Also, can IPB function without using session IDs within URLs?

45 minutes ago, LDDG said:

Do search engines see this as duplicate content and a weak attempt at creating more content on the site, thus probably flagging it as spam?

I doubt it, but if you worry about it, you can let the posts be created in a forum hidden to guest. 

But I wouldn’t use the forum-post-from-database-records in 4.x anymore. It has very little use and creates double entries in the activity feed. 

2 hours ago, opentype said:

I doubt it, but if you worry about it, you can let the posts be created in a forum hidden to guest. 

But I wouldn’t use the forum-post-from-database-records in 4.x anymore. It has very little use and creates double entries in the activity feed. 

Oh I see... That's what I thought. It would be seen duplicate content because they would have the same title. 

How about the session IDs in the URL? Is there a way not to have that?

2 hours ago, LDDG said:

How about the session IDs in the URL? Is there a way not to have that?

It sounds like your php session cookies are messed up possibly and its tagging it into the url to get around the issue.

Archived