Massive SEO Change / Traffics back

DesignzShop

I had 4-500 users online at all times in 3.4. When I switched to 4.0 I lost everything, traffic, sponsors etc... A decade gone... My site got down to single digit numbers from search engines. I've also had no relief since the 4.0 transfer.... Now, all of a sudden after a upgrade to 4.1.10 I have my traffics back in large numbers. First time in almost 2 years. The past 24 hours has been a breath of fresh air. I hope this is here to stay. With this kind of traffic back I can see a future again with sponsors and getting back into a dedicated server. There's light at the end of this tunnel it appears.

Now I'm left wondering what was changed to make this happen? Besides that, Thank you IPB.

One thing that i notice is that my word cloud is very heavy on forum mechanics terms ( post, join, forum, etc type terms).. Don't know if some of this can be minimized. 

Obviously anything to help with search ranking would help IPS end users, and also help IPS sales.

On 13/04/2016 at 6:03 PM, DesignzShop said:

I had 4-500 users online at all times in 3.4. When I switched to 4.0 I lost everything, traffic, sponsors etc... A decade gone... My site got down to single digit numbers from search engines. I've also had no relief since the 4.0 transfer.... Now, all of a sudden after a upgrade to 4.1.10 I have my traffics back in large numbers. First time in almost 2 years. The past 24 hours has been a breath of fresh air. I hope this is here to stay. With this kind of traffic back I can see a future again with sponsors and getting back into a dedicated server. There's light at the end of this tunnel it appears.

Now I'm left wondering what was changed to make this happen? Besides that, Thank you IPB.

Are they genuine users?  Are visitors increased rapidly recently, on closer investigation 800+ were baidu search bots.We were being hammered by them!

On April 20, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Lorian said:

Are they genuine users?  Are visitors increased rapidly recently, on closer investigation 800+ were baidu search bots.We were being hammered by them!

Baidu is very aggressive and is also crawling our community for days.

Archived