Disable attachmetns and allow only base64 images? Any issues

EarthDog

I want to disable the attachments altogether and allow for the users to be able to include in their topics only images in base64 format.

Questions:

1. I should be able to control the total size of each topic / reply with the appropriate ACP setting , corect? If i put 1024 kb it will mean that all content including base64 cannot be more than 1024kb.
  2. Do i have to use the plugin of ckeditor for base64 images? What other user-friendly ways i could use to enable including base64 images?
  3. Any caveats on doing the above?

Tahnks 

1. Which setting are you referring to, exactly?
  2. You don't need a plugin at all as ckeditor handles it by default. So test it out - if you have "Can post html?" enabled for your account (ie group) just go ahead and copy something to your clipboard and paste it in to your editor. Submit and there is your image in the content. But take away the 'can post html?' setting and do the same again - content is stripped out when you submit. No plugin in ckeditor is going to overcome that as IPS will be stripping out the base64 image if you don't have 'can post html?' enabled (go ahead...try it out)
  3. See above.

11 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:
  1. Which setting are you referring to, exactly?
  2. You don't need a plugin at all as ckeditor handles it by default. So test it out - if you have "Can post html?" enabled for your account (ie group) just go ahead and copy something to your clipboard and paste it in to your editor. Submit and there is your image in the content. But take away the 'can post html?' setting and do the same again - content is stripped out when you submit. No plugin in ckeditor is going to overcome that as IPS will be stripping out the base64 image if you don't have 'can post html?' enabled (go ahead...try it out)
  3. See above.

1. My bad. The setting refers to total size of uploads not of the topic/reply body
  2. I tested it and works like you say havin html enabled. I am getting the pic in the edit screen. But after i save i have 2 cases: if the image is too big i am getting "RequestEntityTooLarge" errors which i am asking siteground now about. If i try to include a smaller image, it saves it but i cant see it i see just some characters in the topic...

4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

There ya go....you're fleshing out number 3 now that you have tried it ;)

So even if the upload succeeds the resulting topic has only 3,4 characters from the image source and displaying only them as characters....if i edit the topic the image is lost...its like an empty img tag...so there is no way for base64 encode in ip?

I don't see the behaviour you describe - the above I suggested works fine for me - image works fine, source shows the image html, submit displays the image, edit/change/save keeps the image.

I'm intrigued by you mentioning 'upload' - are you using a plugin already?

Feel free to send me a URL with login credentials to check it out.

25 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I don't see the behaviour you describe - the above I suggested works fine for me - image works fine, source shows the image html, submit displays the image, edit/change/save keeps the image.

I'm intrigued by you mentioning 'upload' - are you using a plugin already?

Feel free to send me a URL with login credentials to check it out.

upload = " if submit succeeds :))

See this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SiH6FwYz_JRUZMYVpCcXU2Z3c/view?usp=sharing

Archived