Pages database and edit url

ipbfuck

Hi!

Pages permit to edit last part of url, end - if edit - remove or set new id -r*

Cause of this, i can set an id of another article, and make a conflict (lost one of this articles)- i can recovery only with goback in browser, or via acp.

In my opinion, edit title url (just latest part) can be ok, but var "-r*" need to remain fixed in it.

regards ^_^

I think it’s all fine. Having the ID there is the default, so it avoids conflicts, but if admins want to remove it, they can and then its up to them to choose working URL slugs. Not sure what should be changed about that. Everyone gets what he/she wants. 

not simply avoid conflict, but also make redirect and go to article with anything-rID

then, prevent lot of 404 error.

maybe can be used by setting (like WordPress style). otherwise, atm, when I edit URL (eg to remove acute and accents from title), I need to insert also -rID

@Marcher Technologies has a plugin in the marketplace which allows the user to specify how the suite generates its slugs. If you want to drop the -r suffix but happen to repeat a slug, it appends -1 to avoid conflicts. It works well in my pronunciation database, where I want the slug to be the word itself but also to allow other people to add their own pronunciations if they like, so I have, for example, /pronunciation/recordings/a/aboni and /pronunciation/recordings/a/aboni-1.

Archived