Converting SMF 2.0.11 to IPB 4.1.10

Adam Dover

I am a new customer and have the latest release of IPB.  However, no converters for IPB4 for SMF as of yet.

A work around I would imagine would be to convert to IPB version 3.#.## and then upgrade to my current version I've bought.

Question: Is there a way to downgrade my current version?  I cannot find any IPB 3.#.## versions anywhere on this site and also is it free?  I would imagine since buying into IPB in version 1.4 that means all previous versions are technically mine as well correct?

A little help will be appreciated.  Not used to IPB at all and will be having a time trying to sort everything out.

2 hours ago, Adam Dover said:

I am a new customer and have the latest release of IPB.  However, no converters for IPB4 for SMF as of yet.

A work around I would imagine would be to convert to IPB version 3.#.## and then upgrade to my current version I've bought.

Question: Is there a way to downgrade my current version?  I cannot find any IPB 3.#.## versions anywhere on this site and also is it free?  I would imagine since buying into IPB in version 1.4 that means all previous versions are technically mine as well correct?

A little help will be appreciated.  Not used to IPB at all and will be having a time trying to sort everything out.

Hi,

Yes, that's the best way currently, as you've noted SMF converters are not yet available for IPS4. You cannot downgrade IPS4 to 3.x, you will need to start with a fresh installation. If you have customised a theme, you could export this and then re-import it after upgrading the converted site. When downloading IPS Community Suite in the client area, it will ask you which version you want to download.

You can find the 3.x converters here

I have however been told that an SMF IPS4 converter is in progress.

Hello,

I'm assuming you are 'self hosted' yes ?

If so once you login to the Client Area and click the package there will be a magenta "Download" button available. Upon clicking that a popup will ask which version you would like to download:

version_download_choice.png

Note your view of this may vary slightly depending on what applications you have but you'll note the radio buttons at the top of the popup to select the version itself be that 3x or 4x. ^_^

Archived