Calendar iCal export or RSS feed fails

Loren

In IPB 3.4.x my community members could import the RSS, or iCal feed to their Google calendar - and use the IPB calendar as "overlay" they could turn on or off on their own calendar.

Since IPB4.x they are not able to do the same with either RSS or iCal. Both give import errors.
Would like to see both of these functions fixed so they will work with the very popular Google calendar.

11 minutes ago, Loren said:

In IPB 3.4.x my community members could import the RSS, or iCal feed to their Google calendar - and use the IPB calendar as "overlay" they could turn on or off on their own calendar.

Since IPB4.x they are not able to do the same with either RSS or iCal. Both give import errors.
Would like to see both of these functions fixed so they will work with the very popular Google calendar.

Hi,

4.1.10 does contain some changes for iCalendar exports, specifically with the export being badly formatted. I don't recall seeing any similar issue with the RSS export, if you're still seeing this I would encourage you to submit a support ticket so that we may look into it.

Thanks,

I reported this as a bug back in January - Matt asked me to move it here.

I just tried it on 4.1.9 with the same results.

RSS feed fails

rss calendar error.jpg

as does the iCal import

ical calendar error.jpg

This did work quite well on 3.4.x.

Many users on all three of my IPS sites used this to simply add events to their existing Google calendar.

2 hours ago, Loren said:

I reported this as a bug back in January - Matt asked me to move it here.

I just tried it on 4.1.9 with the same results.

RSS feed fails

rss calendar error.jpg

as does the iCal import

ical calendar error.jpg

This did work quite well on 3.4.x.

Many users on all three of my IPS sites used this to simply add events to their existing Google calendar.

Hi Loren,

The first screenshot shows that you're trying to import an RSS feed into something that is expecting an iCal feed (this won't ever work).

The second issue, I believe is the one that is fixed in 4.1.10 (which should be available soon). If this issue persists after upgrading to 4.1.10, please create a support ticket in the client area.

Stuart - the first one is the error from import from URL.
In 3.4.x you could (and still can) just input the RSS URL and it will update your Google calendar as the IPB calendar is updated.

I'll just wait for 4.1.10 and give the fix a try.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, eskaiter said:

This needs still attention in v4.4.4.

When I try to subscribe with calendar.app it is saying data is invalid.
But when I download the file I can open the .ics file with calendar.app without problems

I would recommend submitting a ticket if a feature is not working as expected.

The issues discussed in this topic are ~3 years old and would not be the same issues in 4.4.4.

Archived