Supported browsers

Square Wheels

They could be telling the truth Square Wheels. Microsoft has basically not only stop supporting it but have made modifications to move those users into edge and 10.  IE9 at this point imo should stop being put to use. Several big articles have been published about this over the past 6 months I can recall.

The link below may of been one of those articles I caught if I recall Square Wheels

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-to-drop-support-for-older-versions-of-internet-explorer/

On top of this I doubt IPB would support 9 after this announcement itself
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support

I don't disagree, but this user is from a hospital.  Many hospitals run software that Microsoft claims to no longer support, they purchase support from Microsoft.

I'll suggest she try and use a different browser, but it's likely she can't install any.

Can someone from IPS weigh in on if IE9 is supported?

Perfect - spotted the issue straight away.

See the blue icon in the address bar, to the right - that indicates that compatibility view is in operation. You can reproduce her issue in IE if you have it (I've got IE11) by opening the url and the pressing Alt+T to bring up the tools menu. Then click 'Compatibility View Settings' and then click 'Add' on the resulting dialog to add your site to the list.

The page will reload and you will see the issue she has (screenshot from my browser)Screenshot_22.png

So, work with her to get your site removed from those settings - basically, highlight your url in the list, and click Remove.

If she doesn't see a list, then provide a screenshot of the above dialog box.

What is more likely, being in a hospital environment she will not be able to add it.  I can't.  I have to submit a request through our IT to do that.  We just finished updating everyone to WIn7 and IE11 last fall.  We were XP until then.  Our IE forces every site into compatibility mode and we need to make requests to remove them.  I'm OK with that because I was able to install Chrome on my PC and use that instead.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back and says she can't do anything in there and it will be controlled at GPO (Group Policy) level. Hopefully she will have a method available to request an exception to remove your site from being viewed in compatibility view.

At least you now know what the cause is though ;)

Archived