Groups and secondary groups.

Lenny Warren

Hi folks,

I run a forum for militaria collectors, and I use a military rank structure for members.

Validating members are recruits, then when they join they rise through the ranks according to posts. I've set each rank as it's own group. That way worked better for me.

Private/Lance Corporal/Corporal etc.

They stop at a certain rank, to progress beyond that they have to pay a subscription, and above that it's admins only.

What my issue is that I wanted to use secondary groups, so in effect I could lump all the ranks into 4 groups of ranks as it were.

So, Private/Lance Corporal/Corporal etc. would be part of OTHER RANKS secondary group.

2nd Lieutenant, Lieutenant, Captain etc. would be part of FIELD OFFICERS

Colonel, Brigadier, Major General would be part of STAFF OFFICERS.

I seem to be only able to add individual members to a secondary group, but I want to be able to add a selection of groups into a secondary group, does that make sense? So that as members groups change, their secondary group changes appropriately.

Any thoughts or do I need to buy an addon?

Cheers,

Lenny

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 16.55.13.png

19 hours ago, Lenny Warren said:

I seem to be only able to add individual members to a secondary group, but I want to be able to add a selection of groups into a secondary group, does that make sense? So that as members groups change, their secondary group changes appropriately.

Yes, only members can be added to a group.

Archived