Default Cover Photo

Tom Irons

• 4 weeks later...

Love this idea. I've been thinking about this ever since IPS v4 was released with the cover photos on the profiles.

Can you think about the following enhancement:

1.  Randomized cover photos?  (Eg. I upload 5 choices, and the system chooses one)

Just now, Tom Irons said:

It's not copied. It's stored once into the database and then when a user registers it will set their cover photo.

Okay, got it.

I do like the idea of default cover photos and default profile photos, since so many of my members don't take the time to upload anything and it leads to a very grey and boring and faceless community.  I've had an idea for a long time for "Default Profiles" ... where there would be a choice of cover photos, choice of user profiles, and perhaps even some default profile text to encourage users to replace it with their own. (My thinking is that it's hard to start with a blank box - how do you even begin to describe yourself?? But it's a lot easier to replace and correct something already there).  This is the closest thing to the idea, and even though your plugin is very simplistic, I appreciate you taking your time to publish it to the IPS Marketplace. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/1/2016 at 2:48 PM, Joel R said:

Okay, got it.

I do like the idea of default cover photos and default profile photos, since so many of my members don't take the time to upload anything and it leads to a very grey and boring and faceless community.  I've had an idea for a long time for "Default Profiles" ... where there would be a choice of cover photos, choice of user profiles, and perhaps even some default profile text to encourage users to replace it with their own. (My thinking is that it's hard to start with a blank box - how do you even begin to describe yourself?? But it's a lot easier to replace and correct something already there).  This is the closest thing to the idea, and even though your plugin is very simplistic, I appreciate you taking your time to publish it to the IPS Marketplace. 

• 1 month later...

Archived