Hide Advanced Member Search

rookiegirl

22 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can change the login to email.

What would that accomplish?  Or am I missing something.  Changing my login from Rookie Girl to rookiegirl@rookiegirl.com People would still see the username.  I'm thinking I'm missing something.  Please help AF :-) :sorcerer:

23 minutes ago, rookiegirl said:

What would that accomplish?  Or am I missing something.  Changing my login from Rookie Girl to rookiegirl@rookiegirl.com People would still see the username.  I'm thinking I'm missing something.  Please help AF :-) :sorcerer:

He doesn't mean you change your login....he means the site's login handler.

Login to the site is with one of the following:

"Display Name"

"Email Address"

"Display Name or Email Address"

Change your login handler to "Email Address" and then they wouldn't be able to login using 'Rookie Girl'...so the risk of all those usernames showing in the list is negated as the email address they use is hidden from view.

29 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

He doesn't mean you change your login....he means the site's login handler.

Login to the site is with one of the following:

"Display Name"

"Email Address"

"Display Name or Email Address"

Change your login handler to "Email Address" and then they wouldn't be able to login using 'Rookie Girl'...so the risk of all those usernames showing in the list is negated as the email address they use is hidden from view.

It's probably actually a very good idea to require logins with email address now I think about it 

for starters that eliminates people who have used temporary email addresses because their intention might be to spam maybe ???? 

7 minutes ago, rookiegirl said:

Does this change the login for everyone?  It would be a nightmare with 20k members letting them know. 

Yeah I can imagine. People don't like change do they?  

I don't think I would mind though 

Maybe it's possible to put notification explains reasons for changing login method for their improved security 

37 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

It's probably actually a very good idea to require logins with email address now I think about it 

for starters that eliminates people who have used temporary email addresses because their intention might be to spam maybe ???? 

Think I said wrong there because even if they used a temporary email address they can still login with it if they have remembered it 

I was thinking once the temp email address had expired it would no longer work but that's the case is it?  Hmmmm

Archived