Ban from Topics

Tom Irons

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

Inside the plugin, you have an option to set the groups that aren't bannable. 

Nothing strange there?

Nope, i have set all the staff to not be bannable but on the topics with regulars (that are not selected in the list) i do not see the option on their posts..

Later edit: Seems like for another staff group it works. I am administrator and my administrator group is in the moderator section. This is very weird and to be honest it is annoying. I wonder if i can ask for a refund and get another similar plugin that actually works for less hassle..

28 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Nope, i have set all the staff to not be bannable but on the topics with regulars (that are not selected in the list) i do not see the option on their posts..

Later edit: Seems like for another staff group it works. I am administrator and my administrator group is in the moderator section. This is very weird and to be honest it is annoying. I wonder if i can ask for a refund and get another similar plugin that actually works for less hassle..

Its normal the Administrator group to be inside the Moderator section. There, you enable the 2 options for the administrator group. It works 100% fine with me. No hassle.

On 5/15/2017 at 0:35 AM, RevengeFNF said:

Its normal the Administrator group to be inside the Moderator section. There, you enable the 2 options for the administrator group. It works 100% fine with me. No hassle.

Exactly what i have. Still no go for me (being in the Administrator group and having the two options enabled) but for other admins (in another group) it works.. meh..

@LinkMania I'm sorry you've encountered this issue. Let's try to fix it, if not you're more than welcome to request a refund.

I have an idea of why you might not see the option to ban users. Your account is obviously an administrator, but is another group that has moderator permissions attached to it as well?

If so, try removing the secondary groups and see if that fixes it.

Let me know what happens, thanks!

On 5/17/2017 at 6:19 AM, Tom Irons said:

I'm sorry you've encountered this issue. Let's try to fix it, if not you're more than welcome to request a refund.

Actually i will support you in hope you will fix and update this plugin for future versions of IPS.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:19 AM, Tom Irons said:

I have an idea of why you might not see the option to ban users. Your account is obviously an administrator, but is another group that has moderator permissions attached to it as well?

I wasn't in another group, i tried that also, removed it now so i am only in my administrator group. Cleared cache between steps. I am the only user in my group by the way..

6 hours ago, LinkMania said:

Actually i will support you in hope you will fix and update this plugin for future versions of IPS.

I wasn't in another group, i tried that also, removed it now so i am only in my administrator group. Cleared cache between steps. I am the only user in my group by the way..

Would you be willing to create me an account with administrator privileges so I can help you further? If so, please PM me the details.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/05/2017 at 6:58 PM, Tom Irons said:

I really like this idea, I'll have to think about how to structure it. If I can keep it as a plugin I'll be more than happy to add it.

I don't have the alpha version installed, so I don't know what to tell you about that. I'll see if I can get it installed sometime this weekend.

Hello Tom, any news about the support of 4.2?

Best Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11.08.2016 at 12:05 AM, marklcfc said:

Got it working, think it would be better placed in the options dropdown though, I don't plan on using it regularly but it appears in every post

Agree with this. It's a very rarely used function. Maybe it would be better to put it into the "Moderation Actions" menu? Have a list of user nicknames banned in this topic. It's OK to event type them manually.

5972e0c8c3a76_ScreenShot2017-07-22at1_16

And also I worry about this review by @Tripp★:

@Tom Irons could you, please, comment it? Was the problem fixed?

I will buy this plugin as soon as these changes are implemented. Thank you!

2 hours ago, motomac said:

And also I worry about this review by @Tripp★:

@Tom Irons could you, please, comment it? Was the problem fixed?

I will buy this plugin as soon as these changes are implemented. Thank you!

Apparently it was: 

But I haven't tested it since, because I've moved on to my own solution. The review is an old review; and I will happily edit it, if I am able to, because if the bug doesn't exist anymore I need to edit it to reflect that. But whilst I accept the apology, as we all have stuff going on, I can't say my updated review will be positive. But I can try it out again and test for you @motomac, if you want.

• 8 months later...

Archived