Tom Irons

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

The System Logs are being spammed with this exception:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/admin/web/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(73): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms('65023')
#1 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook149->manage()
#2 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(46): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/admin/web/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#5 /home/admin/web/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /home/admin/web/public_html/init.php(498): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

Hook149 is your plugin.

How can we solve this?

On 01/06/2016 at 4:13 AM, Tom Irons said:

Are you sure about that? I don't see how the plugin would throw any error unless the topic has been deleted.

Hello,

So i opened a ticket with IPS, they disabled the plugin and for the past2 days i did not receive any more Exceptions. Which means is a problem with the plugin.

Possible to check it?

1 hour ago, Tom Irons said:

It looks like that user doesn't have permission to view the topic. I just tested the functionality of the plugin on my dev install and everything is still working as it should be, I don't get any errors.

Just tested that. If a guest or a user try to enter a topic they do not have permission, it will throw 4 exceptions in the logs. Its a easy fix? Just to not spam te logs.

I also have another feedback from my staff. The ban from topic button don't ask for a confirmation, and when using the phone, it already happened banning a user without the staff noticing it. A confirmation would be good ;)

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2016 at 4:18 AM, Tom Irons said:

The exception is thrown by IPS, not the plugin. So I can't help with that one since it doesn't have anything to do with the plugin.

Hi

I did not see this topic until now but last night IPB support informed me it was this plugin causing the same error logs as the other poster and when disabled the logs stop.

Hello,
These errors are being caused by the 3rd party plugin "Ban from Topic". Disabling this will stop these errors from appearing.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen
Invision Power Services, Inc.

• 1 month later...

Got it working, think it would be better placed in the options dropdown though, I don't plan on using it regularly but it appears in every post

Also, there was no confirmation screen, it just banned the user even though confirm appeared in text, no option was there for me.

5 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Got it working, think it would be better placed in the options dropdown though, I don't plan on using it regularly but it appears in every post

Also, there was no confirmation screen, it just banned the user even though confirm appeared in text, no option was there for me.

Weather it shows or not depends on what forums the user is allowed to moderate.

I just updated the file and removed the confirmation dialog... I may add it back in down the road if I can get it working.

This doesn't work for me at all and isn't very intuitive. I have set the moderator permissions up; and the option appeared, as well as added myself as a moderator to all forums in question. However when I go the thread there is no mention of banning anyone from the topic. On both the custom theme I use and the IPS Default. 

No offence the but the instructions are not very clear at all, either. From what I understand I install it as a plugin (check), I set up the moderator permissions (check) I also see if they can moderate the forums (check) and then I should be able to ban someone from a topic?

Archived