Direct Forums.net/ProBoards Converter

ashkir

ProBoards is by far one of the largest remotely hosted forum services. They have well over a billion posts across their network, and a great many individual large forums.

In 2014 ProBoards launched a premium tier called Forums.net, in October 2014 ProBoards released a feature for Forums.net to allow a person to download their database. I would love to see IPB have a database converter for Forums.net. Currently only SimpleMachines has one. 

I have access to a live forums.net database for testing if needed.

2 hours ago, ashkir said:

ProBoards is by far one of the largest remotely hosted forum services. They have well over a billion posts across their network, and a great many individual large forums.

In 2014 ProBoards launched a premium tier called Forums.net, in October 2014 ProBoards released a feature for Forums.net to allow a person to download their database. I would love to see IPB have a database converter for Forums.net. Currently only SimpleMachines has one. 

You want @Stuart Silvester

14 hours ago, ashkir said:

Hi,

We haven't really had any demand for a converter from Forums.net. We could build a custom converter for you however there would be a cost involved.

If you're interested, please email sales@invisionpower.com

Thanks,

$650 is high to do so for a small forum. for now we can just convert to SMF > to IPB. Was just hoping you'd consider it one day ^_^ Thanks for looking into it. I would however pay $100 for it, but, not a full $650 if someone else makes up rest of the cost and it's released to the public.

Archived