Clear Notifications

Tom Irons

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, WJWM said:

Excuse my ignorance but we run a hosted site and I don't know about the support tool.

ACP -> SYSTEM (should be the tab the ACP opens on) -> SUPPORT (usually at the bottom) -> select "Something isn't working correctly" -> Continue 

At this point your site cache should be cleared, since the support tool does that as part of a general check on the suite. After that there's a chance the plugin will work.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Wren said:

hi, i'm getting an error message now with the latest edition, is this something you are able to help with?

Sorry, there is a problem

Page Not Found.

Error code: 2S106/1

I check out today see if works myself if there is bug I update it.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:39 AM, Wren said:

hi, i'm getting an error message now with the latest edition, is this something you are able to help with?

Sorry, there is a problem

Page Not Found.

Error code: 2S106/1

Ok so check the plugin today on 4.4.4 and no error showed clear the notification in the standard way only item could be is your theme custom or are using the default theme ?

34 minutes ago, Pete T said:

Ok so check the plugin today on 4.4.4 and no error showed clear the notification in the standard way only item could be is your theme custom or are using the default theme ?

I don't have a problem either with Clear Notifications on 4.4.4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
17 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Would it be possible to add an "Are you sure?" prompt? This is lovely, yet since it removes all notifications from the beginning of time without any undo button, I think is a necessary addition.

First the plugin is one them if you install it you one that understands the point of the plugin removes notifications, also why would need notification from back years ago ? don't see need make plugin have extra settings if you click it you know what says...

1 hour ago, Pete T said:

don't see need make plugin have extra settings if you click it you know what says...

From a UI/UX perspective, I'm concerned about accidental clicking and subsequent support requests. The positioning of the Clear Notifications button on the notification drop down is easily tapped/clicked by accident, and the result is non-reversible.

Since it's a delete action with no way to undo, I think it improves the experience for users who don't understand it completely to confirm their choice with the standard "Are you sure? Yes/No" dialog box Invision uses in other areas.

As a user I probably don't care about notifications from long, long ago, yet I'd be upset if I missed notifications from the recent past because I accidentally clicked something and now the effort required to recreate what was there is near impossible for me to achieve.

Hope this helps clarify!

Archived