Turn off custom activity stream

Dennis_87

• Management
16 minutes ago, Dennis_87 said:

It should be possible to turn off the ability for members to create they own streams.

I don't see much use for it now with the new filter settings and I have already created custom links to the most used streams. 

I'm just curious: why would you not want them to have the option? Do you find it causes you some harm to allow users to create their own streams if they would like?

I have created the streams so the users have the options as similar as possible like before 4.0/4.1. Most of the users don't like the activity streams at all. So I try to make it as easy as possible to the users without to many settings.

Best would be to have the option to choose the old "new content" system like is was before the activity streams. 

It wouldn't make sense to take functionality away when you say your users don't like them, they need to adjust and start using them to begin to like them.

What happens when members ask you how to create a stream for one forum, or to remove a forum they don't want to see? You tell them they can't? So more complaints? ;)

Yes agree. But is not always so easy :p

The best would be if the Menu Item Type "my activity streams" was possible to customize. Example only show custom streams and create new. So i don't have to have drop down menus inside a drop down menu. But that is my fault for using a custom theme.

Archived