Musicbox (Support)

3 minutes ago, Neuro said:

Hello

How do I rename "Musicbox" in the main menu tab at the top? I'd like to call it something else.

Thanks

Hi,

Go ACP > Customization > Localization > Languages

Click the world icon to translate a language and find "frontnavigation_musicbox", then change to other text you like.

Just now, Neuro said:

Perfect! Thank you so much.

Another question. In the sidebar, is it possible to narrow the data that the sidebar displays, so that it will only display the Top items from a specific Genre only?

I will update an option to select Genres for the sidebar blocks :) 

Great. Whilst I'm here, I've some other suggestions which you might consider implementing (just ideas - not sure if they are even possible):

• Sidebar - allow option to select Genres for sidebar blocks (as above)
  • Allow to choose default choice for "Sort By", per Category
  • Sidebar - amend option to enable/disable tab options Week / Month / Year / All / (or just 1 of these, with tabs hidden)
  • Allow Admin to pin songs to the top of a Category listing (regardless of Sort order)
  • When clicking upload Song, force pop up to default to one particular category option first
  • Allow disabling of Favourites
  • Allow disabling of Playlists
  • Allow choosing of default thumbnail
  • Allow easier HTML editing of templates used
  • Allow custom fields to display in the row of song lists (would fit before "listened to" counter on the song row?)

Finally, on the screen where when you upload a song, on the right hand side above the Save button, there'sa  checkbox allowing "Hidden?" - what does this do, exactly? I've played with it and not sure what effect it makes.

This is a wonderful module - thank you for creating such a great application! :)

57 minutes ago, Neuro said:

Great. Whilst I'm here, I've some other suggestions which you might consider implementing (just ideas - not sure if they are even possible):

• Sidebar - allow option to select Genres for sidebar blocks (as above)
  • Allow to choose default choice for "Sort By", per Category
  • Sidebar - amend option to enable/disable tab options Week / Month / Year / All / (or just 1 of these, with tabs hidden)
  • Allow Admin to pin songs to the top of a Category listing (regardless of Sort order)
  • When clicking upload Song, force pop up to default to one particular category option first
  • Allow disabling of Favourites
  • Allow disabling of Playlists
  • Allow choosing of default thumbnail
  • Allow easier HTML editing of templates used
  • Allow custom fields to display in the row of song lists (would fit before "listened to" counter on the song row?)

Finally, on the screen where when you upload a song, on the right hand side above the Save button, there'sa  checkbox allowing "Hidden?" - what does this do, exactly? I've played with it and not sure what effect it makes.

This is a wonderful module - thank you for creating such a great application! :)

Thank you for your great suggestions, I will consider and update the app :) 

1 hour ago, Neuro said:

It will make the song hidden.

The app is excellent. I've installed it but still customizing it (not gone live yet). Two questions, though:

Is it possible to keep the playing bar site wide (IPS), instead only inside the musicbox app if user wants so?

Is it possible to allow higher buffering? Sometimes when navigating through the site it "cuts" the sound..

Edited by xtech
7 hours ago, xtech said:

Is it possible to keep the playing bar site wide (IPS), instead only inside the musicbox app if user wants so?

The newest version has an option to enable playing bar site wide (But there is no way to use ajax in site wide, so the music will have a short pause when changing page).

7 hours ago, xtech said:

Is it possible to allow higher buffering? Sometimes when navigating through the site it "cuts" the sound..

It's not possible.

Two more bugs:

1) It seems there is a problem with one of the notifications language strings. The notification when someone likes a song i "nickname liked a __indefart_musicbox_song_comment: title_of_song".

I believe that it should be __indefart_musicbox_song as there is a __indefart_musicbox_song language string. The _comment at the end does not exist...

2) The song play count is not correct. If a song is played when clicking it, it counts, but if it's played through a playlist, it doesn't increase the counter on the song (only increases the playlist play count)

Edited by xtech
11 hours ago, xtech said:

Two more bugs:

1) It seems there is a problem with one of the notifications language strings. The notification when someone likes a song i "nickname liked a __indefart_musicbox_song_comment: title_of_song".

I believe that it should be __indefart_musicbox_song as there is a __indefart_musicbox_song language string. The _comment at the end does not exist...

They will be fixed in the next version.

11 hours ago, xtech said:

2) The song play count is not correct. If a song is played when clicking it, it counts, but if it's played through a playlist, it doesn't increase the counter on the song (only increases the playlist play count)

When you click a playlist, it counts for the playlist, not for each song in playlist.

Edited by onlyME
On 13/11/2016 at 8:21 AM, onlyME said:

They will be fixed in the next version.

Thank you.

On 13/11/2016 at 8:21 AM, onlyME said:

When you click a playlist, it counts for the playlist, not for each song in playlist.

But the songs should be counted too, as they are played (even if inside a playlist). I mean, if playlist X has three songs, when after playing the whole playlist, its songs should also increase the counter by 1 (as in fact they were played too).

Authors complain that their songs show fewer number of plays incorrectly, because the majority of users put their playlists playing, not their songs individually.

On 13/11/2016 at 4:09 AM, xtech said:

I mean, if playlist X has three songs, when after playing the whole playlist, its songs should also increase the counter by 1 (as in fact they were played too).

Do you mean the counter is 3 after playing whole playlist with 3 songs? I think I will add an option to count when starting or ending a song.

No, let me explain it better.

Let's imagine you have a playlist with 3 songs that had never been played. At the beginning the counters are:

Playlist: 0
Song 1: 0
Song 2: 0
Song 3: 0

Then you play the song 2. At the end of it you get:

Song 2: 1

Then you play the whole playlist. At the end of it you get:

Playlist: 1
Song 1: 1
Song 2: 2
Song 3: 1

Edited by xtech
8 minutes ago, xtech said:

No, let me explain it better.

Let's imagine you have a playlist with 3 songs that had never been played. At the beginning the counters are:

Song 2: 0

Then you play the song 2. At the end of it you get:

Song 2: 1

Then you play the whole playlist. At the end of it you get:

Playlist: 1
Song 1: 1
Song 2: 2
Song 3: 1

I still not understand. Because that songs can not be viewed outside the playlist.

Ok, I got it.

Edited by onlyME