Anonymous Indicator

Tom Irons

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 7:42 PM, Tom Irons said:

I've got it on my site and it works fine for me, I'm honestly not sure why your running into so many problems.

Your the only one that seems to be having a problem, what would you like me to do?

On 4/9/2016 at 5:39 AM, Eric BXL said:

Well that's not good ... being the WebMaster I cannot see the anonymous members in the Who's Online.

Doh! Referring to my previous post I must say that even after your update I still can't see my members who log in anonymously in the online widgets. I asked my 2 Admins and neither of them can see them.

Cache cleaned, permissions set for WebMaster and Admins, using different themes, including the default one!

The only possibility to see them is to enter the (See full list) page.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2016 at 2:38 PM, Tom Irons said:

Does the widget say there are people who are anyonomusly logged in?

I didn't care anymore about this plugin and started to browse every page in the (See full list) to check the anonymous members who are logged in.

But it is time consuming, so I returned to see if there is an update.

And to reply your question: the answer is "no!"

To be honest, this feature should be implemented in the IPS Suite ... Admins and Webmasters have the right to know who is logged in, even if members opt to log in anonymously!

Of course it's not your fault they didn't. ;)

• 5 months later...
On 6/4/2016 at 2:38 PM, Tom Irons said:

Does the widget say there are people who are anyonomusly logged in?

2nd answer ... NO, the widget does not show the anonymously logged in users. To see them I must enter the "See full list" page.

It's midden in the night and just a few users online, so here's a snapshot. As you can see, there are 4 anonymous users online, but none shows on the widget;

Forums_HIO_2017-01-08.png

Cheers, and TIA for a little reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, TossGirl said:

I just purchase this plugin yesterday (August 23, 2017)

Maybe we'll be lucky now that a female member also complains? I am waiting for this to work since I bought it -> Posted April 9, 2016

On April 21 2017 the programmer said:

On 4/21/2017 at 2:37 PM, Tom Irons said:

I haven't had much time to look into the issue, I will try to do it this weekend.

So far there no action here. My suggestion to the programmer: If you have no time to, or simply can't, fix it, then why not asking IPS to remove it from the list of available plugins?

Archived