Anonymous Indicator

Tom Irons

Hi, Hulu. I bought the plugin.

There is a little problem, when the  asterisk * is added, it come after the comma, for example:

hulu.png

So the asterisk seems to be before "andoria" and not after "Kintaro".

A possible solution can be add a class to "Kintaro" and change the following css for that class:

.ipsList_inline.ipsList_csv li a:after {
    content: ',';
}

let me know thanks

I believe only administrators, I've been looking for the code on where they determine that but i haven't found anything yet.

Update: I found it and only administrators can see anonymous users, which means I have to update the plugin to support that. There will be an update later today.

Right and I am an administrator lol. If anything it created a glitch where you first load the index.php page.. And now under "Whos Online" its blank and doens't show the names or who is on, however it will say.. "15 members, 1 anonymous,  10 guests" up top still. When you hit refresh or load the page again though it fixes that problem and shows them like it is supposed to be.. That is a new bug with this mod

1 hour ago, savin said:

Right and I am an administrator lol. If anything it created a glitch where you first load the index.php page.. And now under "Whos Online" its blank and doens't show the names or who is on, however it will say.. "15 members, 1 anonymous,  10 guests" up top still. When you hit refresh or load the page again though it fixes that problem and shows them like it is supposed to be.. That is a new bug with this mod

Try clearing your cache, I haven't had any problems with this on my live site.

On 3/25/2016 at 3:12 PM, Hulu said:

Update: I found it and only administrators can see anonymous users, which means I have to update the plugin to support that. There will be an update later today.

Well that's not good ... being the WebMaster I cannot see the anonymous members in the Who's Online.

Also, an hidden Admin (Admin in the second group who is Super Moderator in the first group) cannot see them.

For both, the anonymous members are not visible in the Who's Online list, but they are in the (See full list) page.

None of the anonymous users have an asterisk in the (See full list page).

I know there are 3 anonymous members online now, but I can only see myself in the Who's Online, and ... I have an asterisk.

Any idea what could be wrong? Cache was refreshed 2 times.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Abuzaid said:

I opted  for two groups to see the anonymously logged in users ; the feature of this plug-in doesn't seem to work

the block of who-is-online  does'n't show any asterisk  while there is a user logged on anonymously 

I've got it on my site and it works fine for me, I'm honestly not sure why your running into so many problems.

Your the only one that seems to be having a problem, what would you like me to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please make an update? It's not working for me on my site. It's installed in the plugins just fine and is enabled, but not working when someone anonymous is signed in. It's selected for admins to view the asterisk, I am in the admin group. Help?

Just now, Tom Irons said:

There's no need for an update, it works properly on my test and live site.

Are you possibly using a custom theme? Cause some theme designers will change the templates and that could make it not work properly.

What do you mean by custom theme? I did make another theme on my own yeah, but I didn't change any of the code structure to the site, only the banner and the colors. Is that causing it not to function?

Archived