Jump to content

Member Lists Pro


Fosters

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2017 at 9:28 AM, Fosters said:

Could I get probably ACP access to investigate this?

I know you are probably busy, I sent you a PM last week on this and haven't heard anything. Is there something I could check on my end? Is anyone else having the same issue? If I uninstall and reinstall, will I lose any created lists?

Also, when will it go back to a 6 block grid layout or is there custom CSS we can use to get that look?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

I know you are probably busy, I sent you a PM last week on this and haven't heard anything. Is there something I could check on my end? Is anyone else having the same issue? If I uninstall and reinstall, will I lose any created lists?

Also, when will it go back to a 6 block grid layout or is there custom CSS we can use to get that look?

Sorry, it seems that I left the PM accidentally, I have started a new PM :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59dcd87e3a5a1_FostersMemberListsProMarketplaceImage.jpg.0c4fc18b2b8dc732d7df3d715aa661ca.jpg

Are you looking for an easy way to build member lists?

By default, Invision Community does not come with a member list.  There is no way to browse through a list of members except through Search, which is a cumbersome and complicated method.  But maybe you want to allow members to discover each other easier, to connect more, and build lasting relationships in your community.  

You can do that with Member Lists Pro by @Fosters, which empowers you to build beautiful member lists customized the way you want.  From a simple index of all members to specialized sub-lists of moderators and staff, we offer the most powerful and advanced member list in the IPS Marketplace!

We'll be walking you through how to build two different memberlists in our tutorial:

  • (Simple) All Members
  • (Intermediate) Clans 

Stay tuned for this week's learning series!  The next tutorial will be published tomorrow, and please be sure to ask if you have any questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59deca3499dad_FostersMemberListsProMarketplaceImage.jpg.850229b6d95dd215deb451aa3cbb6431.jpg

Tutorial 1: Building A List of All Members

Difficulty Level: Easy

Time: 5 min

Our first goal is to build a simple list of all members.  You will often want to display a list of all members so members can quickly find and connect with others.  

  • Navigate to ACP > Members > Member Lists
  • Click on + Create New
  • Fill out the Settings tab:
    • Title = "All Members"
    • Description = "List of all members in my community sorted alphabetically"
    • Visible = Everyone

59decaa6b6a29_1.1Settings.thumb.png.2bd68d46617cc19a5bb7997238797d1b.png

Settings tab

  • Fill out the Member Criteria tab:
    • Primary Groups = All
    • Secondary Groups = Deactivated
    • Members awaiting validation = No
    • Avatar = No rule
    • Content Count = [leave blank]
    • Content Count = [leave blank] 

59decaabc68ae_1.2MemberCriteria.thumb.png.4d395e36baaca157092c05184de41a50.png

Member Criteria tab

 

  • Fill out the Output Options tab:
    • Members per page = 24
    • Design = Grid
    • Sort by = Display Name
    • Sort direction = Ascending
    • Feel free to turn ON / OFF any settings you want.  

59decab1b85b8_1.3OutputOptions.thumb.png.32f3d3a07e625f652832d9a58a08033e.png

Output Options tab

  • Click Save.  You should see "All Members" in the member list in the ACP.  

As a final step, you will need to add a link to the Menu so your users can find the list:

  • Navigate to ACP > System > Site Features - Menu Manager
  • Click on Add Item
  • Select "Member Lists" from the Menu Item Type, and then choose "All Members" from Configuration.  
  • Click Save Menu Item.  Click Publish this menu.  

Congrats!  With these easy steps, you've created your first member list, defined some basic settings and output options, and published the member list to your menu.  This will enable your members to browse through a directory of all members in your community!  You did a great job, and your members can connect and browse all of your other members.  

59decab629d8f_1.4AllMembersfrontend.thumb.png.9c8c10c63e9a7968afac7b606d9ebbb9.png

Tomorrow, we'll explore some more advanced options in creating customized member lists, such as for gaming clans.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is there a way to go to 4 across with the grid? It's too condensed with 6 across. 

It may look condensed with 6 across, but the screenshot was taken for a full-size desktop view.  The grid view will resize based upon the table width, so it's flexible to your device window.  We utilize the native responsiveness of IPS to properly fit each profile card.   

If you have a tablet view, you will see 4 across:

59dee5e55aebb_MemberList4grid.thumb.png.cee2e7a60df51ae62a8b36ffd3f742bb.png

If you have a smartphone view, it will go all the way down to 1 across:

59dee6085b12b_MemberList1grid.thumb.png.4f5ed52e7de7c6ddb0c83f41e4994570.png

Hope this addresses your concern and shows you how the Member List will show less if needed.  :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Fosters said:

It may look condensed with 6 across, but the screenshot was taken for a full-size desktop view.  The grid view will resize based upon the table width, so it's flexible to your device window.  We utilize the native responsiveness of IPS to properly fit each profile card.   

If you have a tablet view, you will see 4 across:

59dee5e55aebb_MemberList4grid.thumb.png.cee2e7a60df51ae62a8b36ffd3f742bb.png

If you have a smartphone view, it will go all the way down to 1 across:

59dee6085b12b_MemberList1grid.thumb.png.4f5ed52e7de7c6ddb0c83f41e4994570.png

Hope this addresses your concern and shows you how the Member List will show less if needed.  :) 

Is there a way to widen the blocks? Maybe set the min-width larger?  I think the issue I'm having is I have content that is not fitting on one line because the width is smaller. In an older version the max blocks on whatever screen size was 4 across so it positioned well. Maybe custom CSS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/9/2017 at 9:54 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Also, when will it go back to a 4 block grid layout or is there custom CSS we can use to get that look?

Any word on this or how I can apply custom css to not have it go to 6 blocks per row on larger screens and keep it at max 4 blocks per row? It was like this in an older version but changed to 6 in 2.0 and above. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Any word on this or how I can apply custom css to not have it go to 6 blocks per row on larger screens and keep it at max 4 blocks per row? It was like this in an older version but changed to 6 in 2.0 and above. Thanks.

Was able to do this by changing in templates > memberlists > member > grid

<ol class='ipsList_reset ipsGrid ipsGrid_collapsePhone ipsClear' data-ipsGrid data-ipsGrid-equalHeights='row' data-ipsGrid-minItemSize='170' data-ipsGrid-maxItemSize='400'>

to 

<ol class='ipsList_reset ipsGrid ipsGrid_collapsePhone ipsClear' data-ipsGrid data-ipsGrid-equalHeights='row' data-ipsGrid-minItemSize='225' data-ipsGrid-maxItemSize='400'>

 

Would be great if you could add a minimum size in settings to control this. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, Fosters said:

Tomorrow, we'll explore some more advanced options in creating customized member lists, such as for gaming clans.  

I'm interested in seeing some advanced options demonstrated. Any plans?

Also, I'm not seeing any options in the Criteria section for any Custom Profile Fields, for example, I have fields for Location, Motorcycle Model, Model Year, etc.

Edited by JTHastings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I'm playing around with this a bit and the first thing that I notice is that the settings on the Criteria Tab don't appear to follow my way of thinking. When I select some of my Groups on the criteria Tab with no additional criteria selected, I get expected results. However, when I add in say the No Avatar criteria it appears to over-ride my Group settings. See pics for additional explanation...

 

2017-12-10_12-49-06.jpg

2017-12-10_12-52-40.jpg

Edited by JTHastings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...