Granular edit permissions please, members edit content items

chilihead

I would really like to set an edit time for discussions but let members edit their own blogs freely. It's their blog. The global edit time doesn't cut it.

How about edit/delete granular permissions per app, of content item and comment/reply separately? Granular delete permissions have been mentioned before (especially for Gallery), but why not combine edit and delete? So every app has a setting, with the content item separate, so for Forums it would be...
Topic: Edit time restriction ____ | Can delete? Y/N
Reply: Edit time restriction____ | Can delete? Y/N
Same way for every app including status updates.This way we can allow edits of the content item which in many cases needs to be edited, many topics are tutorials, even on this site, and need to be updated, but admins want to lock all the replies.

But really members should be able to edit their own blogs and not be locked out! All content items would be a nice uniform setting.

Thanks

• Management

This has come up before ... and is planned to a certain extent. I can't promise EVERY app will have EVERY permission as that's going to lead to pages and pages of permissions to edit and is largely unnecessary. The big things would be isolating edit/delete from core apps like Forums and Gallery as one size does not fit all. 

Thanks, I'm sure it will be a great improvement and I know Gallery is a huge concern but I hope also we can separate content item and comments of apps. Many topics and blog posts are tutorials that need updating from time to time as they are popular but the conditions change (like a "How to upgrade" post here) and it would be great to be able to allow content item editing but lock comments/replies earlier.

The only app that allows this currently is Pages with the "Edit own records indefinitely" setting. If you don't want to get into different edit times etc., this one setting would be beneficial in the other apps as well.

And hoping Status Updates will have edit ability as of now, you need a mod.

Thanks ^_^

• 1 month later...

I've been finally testing 4.1.11 with some members and we've bumped into some roadblocks...

• Edit status is a frequent request on the old version and on the newest we're testing
  • Granular delete permissions.  users want to be able to delete photos from the gallery but I don't want them deleting posts.  The only option currently is a global 'can delete content' which is a pretty horrible option.

Any updates on when we will see this:

On 3/20/2016 at 0:42 AM, Lindy said:

The big things would be isolating edit/delete from core apps like Forums and Gallery as one size does not fit all. 

Archived