Internal Server Error 500 after enabling XCache

LDDG

Hello guys, running IBP 4.1.8.1 and I am having an issue everytime I enable XCache in my settings. I follow the instructions and download the new constants.php file, which I then upload to the root folder of my IPB install.

Once I do this, I click the Continue button and I get the Internal Server Error 500 message. The only way to regain access to the system is by uploading the latest constant.php file I had before enabling XCache.

XCache is installed on my server, BTW.

What could be the issue?

PS: I leave the Data Storage Method as File System. Do I need to change it to MySQL Database prior to enabling XCache?

I get the following error message in the error_log file:

[14-Mar-2016 00:21:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'xcache_isset(): XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason' in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Data/Cache/Xcache.php:85
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'xcache_isset():...', '/home/ab38956/p...', 85, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Data/Cache/Xcache.php(85): xcache_isset('c20ee804fc_sett...')
#2 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Data/AbstractData.php(115): IPS\Data\Cache\_Xcache->exists('settings')
#3 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Data/Store.php(173): IPS\Data\_AbstractData->__isset('settings')
#4 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Settings/Settings.php(133): IPS\Data\_Store->__isset('settings')
#5 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Settings/Settings.php(88): IPS\_Settings->loadFromDb()
#6 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(299): IPS\_Settings->__get('task_use_cron')
#7 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#8 {main}
  thrown in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/comunidad/system/Data/Cache/Xcache.php on line 85

I thing I did notice is that inside the constants.php file, I have the following:

define( 'CACHE_CONFIG', '[]' );

Is this supposed to be like this even when you have XCache selected? Or is there supposed to be a directory there instead of [ ]?

2 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Have you read the error as described in the log you posted? 500 is a server error. Typically a setup issue.

I did some poking around and according to someone at cPanel, he indicated that having a PHP 5 Handler set to suPHP, does not work with XCache or any OPCode caching. My PHP 5 Handler is currently set to suPHP.

I checked my WHM settings and I can set my PHP 5 Handler to one of the following:

suPHP, DSO, CGI or none.

Which one should I use as my PHP 5 Handler if I want to be able to use XCache with IPB 4.1.8.1?

I'm afraid of choosing one and rendering my setup unusable.

Archived