When did IPS last check their UX for this site?

bigPaws

You visit the Client Area and you get an ugly error message.

You click Sign-In and get a nicer page https://invisionpower.com/login/

You click "Forgot password" and you get a 404 page! https://invisionpower.com/clients/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=lostpass

Furthermore, while logged in to my forum account, if I click Client Area I can see a purchase I made from the Marketplace, but I cannot see my core IPB license etc, which I guess is under a different but linked account.

Not clear and hopefully they'll fix that 404 page pretty urgently @Lindy

They only made the switch about 24 hours ago, so it's not surprising that things could go better. But it's not as though there's a case of neglecting UX - they even said yesterday that they would be grateful to people pointing out the problems because the process is ongoing.

Thank you for your feedback.

As mentioned above, the new theme is a very recent change, so there are still a few kinks that need to be worked out. We definitely appreciate your support in helping us identify any of the remaining problem areas.

8 hours ago, Meddysong said:

They only made the switch about 24 hours ago, so it's not surprising that things could go better. But it's not as though there's a case of neglecting UX - they even said yesterday that they would be grateful to people pointing out the problems because the process is ongoing.

I didn't get an email about this? There was and is no warning on the affected pages to explain its a beta area of the site (wouldn't that qualify as poor user experience alone?)

I'm not psychic and whilst I wish I had time to read the forums, sometimes, like today, I just needed to access my client area and couldn't.

Also key basic links like forgot lost password surely should have been tested prior to the new design being pushed live...

I understand your frustration. This was mostly just a case of bad timing. You were trying to access your client area right as the updates were being pushed out and some things were still in the process of being updated.

It wasn't really something that warranted sending out a warning e-mail to all clients in the event that they happened to be trying to access their client area in that brief time window (and also happened to have actually read the e-mail prior to doing so). The glitches were very temporary and promptly addressed. Nonetheless, this was a relatively large change, so it's expected some hiccups may occur.

If you experience any further issues, please let us know.

"Documentation" is under "Resources" rather than the more logical place of "Support", then "Support" has "Release Notes" which could be under "Resources"...

All I (and others) ask is that IPS runs some of these changes past a panel of users (not just IPS staff members) before implementing them. We love IPS and we'd be happy to share our 2 cents *before* this stuff goes live with broken links and arguably confusing layout. 

More constructive feedback - the meta/Google title of the Marketplace is "Downloads" and the URL slug is "/files" - long term it might be a good idea to be more consistent on what this area is called and match it across all 3?

A more pedantic note is that the menu refers to "Peer-to-peer" whereas you refer to it as "Peer to Peer" elsewhere, just nice to get the hyphen and capitalisation consistent. This kind of thing is hardly ground breaking, but I thought you'd appreciate the heads up, consistency is a good thing for a tech company.

Archived