IPS Support Forums Reconfigured?

Rheddy

I don't know about the others here, but I preferred the old layout where the client support forums were positioned in the middle of the support forums and now it's located at the bottom of the board index? I'm hoping that IPS puts the client support forums back in the middle of the board index since those forums I was using mostly. Not everyone uses the Marketplace support forums. I'm referring to the "Community Engagement" section, it used to be placed above the "Community Led Resources" forum. IPS should be placing the support forums for IPS above the priority of the resources forums.

Thanks.

By "Client Support Forums" are you referring to the 'Client Lounge'? If so, that's not a client support forum.....some people may have used them for that, but the original intention (unless I'm remembering this wrong) was that the lounge (definition: a room in which to sit and relax) was intended to be just that...somewhere to chill out and discuss stuff.

"Peer to Peer Technical Support" is, and has always been (under different naming), the place to get client support on here. And it's right at the top of the middle block on the index.

In the past year or so, the lounge has probably become a place to go for support because....well, to be honest, nobody has been really policing things and moving stuff off to the support forum to encourage people to use that as the correct support location. Prior to IPS4 coming on the scene, the lounge was somewhere to go and chat/relax...away from the support stuff. Not any more.

I, personally, think the new layout is fine and makes more sense.

I sort of found it distracting when I came to the support forums looking for some answers to some questions I had and discovered that IPS had moved the resources forums (Marketplace, skinning support, and moved them to where the client peer support forums used to be.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, eoebrian said:

Havent been here in awhile, boy have things taken a major slide into the dump!   Unable to post to topics/threads unless I pay for a new license?   GREAT way to lose customers!   IP must be hurting for money!

Why would IPS allow you to post to thread without an active license? 

• Management
2 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Havent been here in awhile, boy have things taken a major slide into the dump!   Unable to post to topics/threads unless I pay for a new license?   GREAT way to lose customers!   IP must be hurting for money!

Didn't you post to this topic? ^_^

I don't know about you but I want IPS to get money. The more money they get the better equipped they are to continually improve this product. That's good for us and our sites. When the tide comes in all ships rise. 

Already what we get for the money is incredible. How many companies do you deal with where the ceo regularly responds to your specific concerns?

To clarify something asked above... you do not have to buy a new license. Assuming you have a Standard License, you only need to renew it to have access to version 4, support tickets, and the rest of this forum to post and reply. This has been the case for a long time.

16 hours ago, Mark H said:

To clarify something asked above... you do not have to buy a new license. Assuming you have a Standard License, you only need to renew it to have access to version 4, support tickets, and the rest of this forum to post and reply. This has been the case for a long time.

I've had access to post / reply to the forums since I purchased the products.   I returned the other day to post a question in the "community led resources" [ 431-ips-marketplace-topics/ ] area and there are no post new topic / reply to thread links to be found anywhere.   When I click on the customization resources I get " You do not have permission to view this content."

I was posting in those areas just a few months ago, now I cant so something has changed.

20 hours ago, Lindy said:

Didn't you post to this topic? ^_^

Nope, figment of your imagination.

12 minutes ago, eoebrian said:

I've had access to post / reply to the forums since I purchased the products.   I returned the other day to post a question in the "community led resources" [ 431-ips-marketplace-topics/ ] area and there are no post new topic / reply to thread links to be found anywhere.   When I click on the customization resources I get " You do not have permission to view this content."

I was posting in those areas just a few months ago, now I cant so something has changed.

You don't have an active license anymore.  

Pay the renewal, and you'll have access.  

8 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Nope, figment of your imagination.

Since expired license holders can download from the marketplace I would think they could access the marketplace topics, maybe a permission is off. This was the last I saw about marketplace access:

Must admit when I first visited after the change I thought half the forum was missing or restricted from view. Thought there was maybe a new group setting or something that meant I couldn't see what I was able to view before. But now I've got used to it I'm finding it much easier to navigate.  ;-)

Archived