Why have you forsaken blogs?

Shariq Ansari

I remember - no many time ago - ip.blog used here, with some blogs by staff etc.

now, instead, migrated to pages and blogs isn't more available: https://invisionpower.com/blogs/

continue to pay an app "no more used" also from devs, can be a bad idea.

yes, indeed - with pages - blogs isn't more required (also here, for news, simply a new database or a category in database... and we have a blogs like structure), but, imho, blog is for users and i've buy for this. atm isn't many used in my website, but i've buy for this (anyone can make a little/personal blog and import custom feeds etc).

so, if ips continue to work in this app... ok, can be an idea to renew. otherwise is best to disable just right now (with less use).

Blogs will always have a place online but if you can make a blog out of Pages, why have a seperate blogging App? I've already done some cool stuff with pages and I look forward to doing more. 

Pages should just be renamed back to IP Content (Maybe IP Content Management?) and marketed as both pages, blogs, and all the cool stuff that can be made out of them. That is if the devs want to go that way.

Personally until it goes away, I'm going to let users have it because they really like it.

I was hoping to use the app primarily for tracking the development of various parts of my site. If I can get what I want out of Pages then that's what I'll do. If not, I'll see what Marketplace has to offer, and if there is nothing for me there then I'll just set up some forums. This would be kinda sad but also motivation for me to improve my knowledge of and skill with IPS overall, since then I'd likely be able to work something out with Pages.

Archived