Live Topics (Support)

• 3 weeks later...

@Mike John - I don't know if that error is fixed, as mentioned it was found by @newbie LAC and I'm not sure how to check if it's resolved myself.

I am however still having issues moving topics as mentioned before, it's something some of my team members are constantly moaning about and it's doing my head in now. If you leave the 'Leave a link' option on and try to relocate the topic you get an area.

However, moving works fine but despite this its causing constant issues for me.

It's simple just to move it but oh no, the link needs to be left so people need to know where to find it. :unsure:

23 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I am however still having issues moving topics as mentioned before, it's something some of my team members are constantly moaning about and it's doing my head in now. If you leave the 'Leave a link' option on and try to relocate the topic you get an area.

If you've already sent me a PM about the error, should be caught up with personal messages soon. If not, could you just pass along the full error your getting so can patch?

I was getting an error.  I got the error on a thread I had deleted.  I get the below error when Live Topics is ON.

Seems like a lot of triggers (in my error logs) are when member or guests his links for threads which have been deleted.

Error: Call to a member function viewLiveTopic() on null (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/zzz.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook1286->manage()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/zzz.com/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/zzz.com/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/zzz.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/zzz.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}
#0 /home/nginx/domains/zzz.com/public/init.php(537): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

What I get when Live Topics is OFF.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2F173/1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@Mike John: Would you be able to take a look at my site when you get a chance, I haven't used the live topics for a while as the football season ended, but now I'm approaching a new campaign - the automatic updates seem a little timely/inconsistent with 4.4. It might be related to changes I had a few months ago to my server, I don't know but it used to be pretty quick. One update didn't show at all during 30 seconds, I had to manually refresh to show it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...