Wiki-style table of contents

Hunter Lyons

Hi! I was wondering if there was any way I could add an "Anchor" button to the WYSIWYG Editor. This is pretty much essential so that we can set up Table of Contents bits on our wiki. Here's the very heavily work in progress home page of my website's wiki: http://www.tyrenale.net/wiki/portals/home-r2/

Thanks! Any feedback on the layout, etc of the page thus far as well as categories would be useful too. Keep in mind the entirety of this project is nowhere near fruition.

• 1 month later...

I tried to do this but didn't have much luck. I created a custom code button that added an ID to the content so that it could be linked to via a manually created table of contents, however the editor appears to strip out any such IDs and I found no way to get round this.

I did consider a more elaborate solution where basically the button would insert a piece of text that is in itself a kind of ID, which is rendered invisible on the article itself. JavaScript could then potentially be used to pick up these elements and scroll to them, however it was a lot of work which wasn't essential at the time so I never pursued it.

Personally I think that the ability to create anchors is pretty essential in a robust CMS when managing larger pages, I was surprised to find this functionality absent.

Same here. I got that source code ckeditor add on and actually just coded in html anchors (<a href='#anchorname'> etc) and they just totally broke. Then I found one that supposedly added anchors but they got stripped out and broke too. I imagine it must be the IPS parser clearing them out because I've found other services using ckeditor work fine.

Archived