change url/domain - broken images

bigpelican

hi,

i have an existing forum running (latest version 4.1.8.1). i decided to do a change of domain.

after moving to new host and change of domain, i've corrected the details in conf_global.php, and rehash the code in the constants.php.

My forum icons are now broken. Uploaded images are still fine.

It seems that the template cache is still caching the previous icons' url.

How can recache the template?

the article at the following is not updated.

www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/maintenance-and-server-configurations/transferring-community-to-a-new-server-r20

You can try: 
System-> Support-> 
    What do you need help with?->
        Something isn't working correctly->
        Continue

After continue it will delete the cache. It calls it "data cache" but I think that may do it.

13 hours ago, tnn said:

You can try: 
System-> Support-> 
        Continue

After continue it will delete the cache. It calls it "data cache" but I think that may do it.

This works ! Thanks!

I wonder why there isnt a button for us to explicitly click on to clear the cache.

13 hours ago, Daniel F said:

You should also take a look at your storage settings to see if you're using a hardcoded Custom URL ( ACP => System => Files ) .

I've already make sure this url is correct too. It was the cache problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29.2.2016 at 9:34 AM, tnn said:

You can try: 
System-> Support-> 
        Continue

This solution worked for me too! Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2016 at 8:56 AM, Daniel F said:

You should also take a look at your storage settings to see if you're using a hardcoded Custom URL ( ACP => System => Files ) .

How do I force profile photos to use the new domain? Clearing the cache and setting a custom URL doesn't work.

20 minutes ago, Sly_Ripper said:

Yeah, everything is fine except profile photos, it uses the old domain. It's on a test install, is it tied to the domain on the licence?

Nope, the license does not effect your installation in that manner. You will need to update your license though as it is against your license to not use the test installation license on a test install.

You may need to go into ACP -> System -> Files and ensure that each of your Storage Settings are correct and pointing towards your test install directory. Plus clear the Custom URL.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2016 at 1:02 PM, Jim M said:

Nope, the license does not effect your installation in that manner. You will need to update your license though as it is against your license to not use the test installation license on a test install.

You may need to go into ACP -> System -> Files and ensure that each of your Storage Settings are correct and pointing towards your test install directory. Plus clear the Custom URL.

Whoops, forgot about this.

It's using the testinstall licence, the storage settings are correct, no custom URL. $INFO['board_url'] is correct in conf_global.php, the board still uses the old URL only for profile photos.

Uploading a new profile photo fixes it for that user.

Archived