Tag research in a single forum

Amy Pond

6 minutes ago, chilihead said:

She is saying if you have the same tags in 3 forums when you click one tag, it shows the tagged content from all 3 of those forums since IPS uses global search.

Thanks for clearing that up and now that I re-read what she wrote it all makes sense now.

This wouldn't be possible without an additional 3rd party application. What you could do instead is create unique tags despite having similar names and force each tag per category so when you do click the tag it displays only relative results.

Just now, iDeath said:

This wouldn't be possible without an additional 3rd party application. What you could do instead is create unique tags despite having similar names and force each tag per category so when you do click the tag it displays only relative results.

So with app Advanced Tags & Prefixes I can't solved my problem, right? 

Yes that is the unfortunate workaround. Unique tags per forum. Too bad the system can't highlight the forum like when you do a "by forum" search.

Some people may have 30 car forums, Ford, Chevy, etc. and For Sale and Wanted tags in each. Clicking one, it brings up all the cars. It's not ideal. I'd suggest posting the the feedback forum, I have too many in there :D.

2 minutes ago, Amy Pond said:

So with app Advanced Tags & Prefixes I can't solved my problem, right? 

Not exactly, as I said above you can create the same tag/prefix multiple times and color coordinate said tags and assign them per category so when a member does click the said tag it will only show relevant searches. Thinking harder on the subject you'd have to make each tag unique to prevent overflow.

2 minutes ago, iDeath said:

Not exactly, as I said above you can create the same tag/prefix multiple times and color coordinate said tags and assign them per category so when a member does click the said tag it will only show relevant searches. Thinking harder on the subject you'd have to make each tag unique to prevent overflow.

So with app if you have a red For Sale and a black For Sale, you click the black one and only get those results?

17 minutes ago, chilihead said:

So with app if you have a red For Sale and a black For Sale, you click the black one and only get those results?

Yes, prefixes are just like tags and will search relevant keywords. There's not really a sufficient workaround.

Just now, chilihead said:

Oh, prefixes are colors. Still not sure if you click the black one that has the same name as the red one, it will ONLY show the black results. Is that so? That's not a bad workaround, but the suggestion to IPS is here:

The color doesn't play a role in search results as the prefix works just like any other tag. I can't think of a workaround other than to use 2 different tags with not-so-similar names.

Archived