Add an Add Record button in feed block

bradl

I havent tested but this is this is the add record link i took it out from default templates so give it a try it should work :)

<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{$category->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'form', 'd' => \IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher::i()->databaseId ) )}">{lang="cms_add_new_record_button" sprintf="\IPS\cms\Databases::load( $category->database_id )->recordWord( 1 )"}</a>

I did try extracting the code from listing and article templates where the button shows, but if moved to a block it breaks the plugin (preview goes blank). I think there is additional context missing to allow the snippet to do its thing. Appreciate the idea though.

3 hours ago, bradl said:

I did try extracting the code from listing and article templates where the button shows, but if moved to a block it breaks the plugin (preview goes blank). I think there is additional context missing to allow the snippet to do its thing.

I think it's that the code makes reference to variables tied to the database. When used within the proper database templates, it knows what the database and its properties are. But when you move it to a block, it no longer has that assigned variable from which to pull its information.

Archived