Database reviews in stream should match other review apps

chilihead

In streams with Reviews (not ratings) enabled:

• Gallery shows who reviewed and the stars with thumbnail
  • Downloads shows who reviewed and the stars with thumbnail
  • Pages/Databases shows who reviewed but no stars or thumbnail

This is a discrepancy in the stream since all of the review-enabled apps show the stars/thumb except Pages, and it is important for review databases, product reviews, etc.

Can you please enable this?

Gallery:

ips_gallery_reviews.png.880e061004ebb87e

Downloads:

ips_downloads_reviews.png.b3b1b607a3eb14

Databases: (Stars and article image please)

ips_article_reviews.png.20ec6ec4c2fc12d7

Sidenote: Commerce reviews are not showing in the stream. Should they be? It is not content but it is a review (activity) so could be a setting in the store to show in stream.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, djpretzel said:

I'd consider this more of a bug and less of a feature request, since it's an inconsistent implementation that doesn't display essential information that is acknowledged as being essential by the other IPS applications. Perhaps log it?

I bother them with enough bugs figured I'd bother Lindy in here, he's been good at giving these suggestions attention. ^_^ 

• 1 year later...

Just discovered Product Reviews from Commerce don't appear in the stream.  I'm sure it'll come in time.  Commerce hasn't kept up with the rest of the suite, likely because it is more sensitive in nature to changes?  Either way, I think IPS knows this, and I'm eager for "the big update" to finally hit Commerce, even if it is primarily just bringing the framework in line with the rest of the applications.

1 hour ago, IPCommerceorBust said:

Just discovered Product Reviews from Commerce don't appear in the stream.  I'm sure it'll come in time.  Commerce hasn't kept up with the rest of the suite, likely because it is more sensitive in nature to changes?  Either way, I think IPS knows this, and I'm eager for "the big update" to finally hit Commerce, even if it is primarily just bringing the framework in line with the rest of the applications.

Content Discovery

Visitors can now search for Content Pages and Commerce Products.

Archived