Do you have a lot of white space on your calendar?

kar3n2

I cannot test this here on IPS as we are not allowed to add an event to the calendar but on my site I have tons of white space at the side of my fields when adding an event. Do you have the same on your sites too?

If so... do you have any ideas how to get round this?  even a background image would fill the space quite nicely if we could add that.

56cb7ce525b0e_whitespaceoncalendar.thumb

You've got quite a few added fields (event_location2, distance, meeting point etc) on there, which all appear on the left hand side of the page....thus resulting in the white space (I'm assuming this is what you are referring to)

If you've added those via plugins or direct theme edits then I suggest approaching the author(s) of these changes to ask them to assist with moving them to a grid format instead of a single column format.

Oh right 

13 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You've got quite a few added fields (event_location2, distance, meeting point etc) on there, which all appear on the left hand side of the page....thus resulting in the white space (I'm assuming this is what you are referring to)

If you've added those via plugins or direct theme edits then I suggest approaching the author(s) of these changes to ask them to assist with moving them to a grid format instead of a single column format.

Didn't think it was gonna be that easy (unless it's harder than it sounds ) 

cheers 

15 hours ago, kar3n2 said:

Do you have the same on your sites too?

No. You have a lot of extra fields. 

But still: that page looks perfectly fine to me. There is nothing wrong with white-space. A background image would only distract from the the form this page is all about. Also keep in mind that the system is now responsive. So that white-spice might a lot smaller or not there at all on smaller screens. 

yeah it does look ok on mobile phone... except it all seems a little bit "off" the phone page and I have to slip it to the side a little bit. ( if that makes sense) . Again its one of those things that you can only check on your own calendar because nobody can add an event on mine unless logged in.  Its only my calendar/add an event, that is a bit out of line. The rest of the site seems ok.

Is your "add events" bit ok for your sites on your mobile phones or in need of a nudge to one side a little bit?

if its ok on your sites then Ill need to mention it to the dev who added my extra fields  :sad:

Archived