PLEASE explain to me the difference in single/all day event

kar3n2

I'm sure I'm on totally different wave-length to the calendar. To me single day event and all day event mean exactly the same. However the single day event you can add time of start and end. ie starts 9 am ends 6pm, which makes pefect sense.  All day event you cannot.  I presume that means its starts at 12.00 am till 12.00 pm    ie 24 hrs???? makes no sense to me.. end of ... why have all day event???

Simply put......

A single event has a specific start time, and a possible end time (if no end time is chosen, then the end of the day...ie midnight...is the presumed end) It blocks out that time period.

An all day event is a full 24 hours on a day - starts at midnight, ends 24 hours later at midnight. Blocks out the whole day.

Why have an all day event? Because you might be organising an event that lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight. If you don't have a need for it, then don't use it.

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Why have an all day event? Because you might be organising an event that lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight. 

Or simply to not show the times prominently. I set all my events (conferences, workshops …) to All Day. The start and end times are in the description or on external sites, when people actually want to register for that event. Until then, the times are more distracting than useful and by choosing All Day they won’t show up in the event widgets or event header area. 

Archived