Allow staff to be made immune to being blocked from PMs

Colonel_mortis

The proper action is reporting not adding a moderator. And last I tested they are not seen in the list of participants which is a good thing. Reporting should be anonymous and in 3.4 the mod that read was listed as a participant, which is not good. That seems to be cleared up.

The blocking issue though, not sure what you mean exactly. A regular member can block PMs from a moderator?

Just now, chilihead said:

A regular member can block PMs from a moderator?

A regular member can block (remove) a moderator from a PM.

1 minute ago, chilihead said:

The proper action is reporting not adding a moderator.

True, but that doesn't mean that all members will always do that.

2 minutes ago, chilihead said:

And last I tested they are not seen in the list of participants which is a good thing. Reporting should be anonymous and in 3.4 the mod that read was listed as a participant, which is not good. That seems to be cleared up.

Yeah, that is an improvement.

I still see the proper method as hitting report and then any mod or admin can click to read and they are not participants. And if a member invites a moderator maybe it's because they are not there to moderate, and the system should work the same as for members. That's probably why IPS did it this way. And if a member does "invite" a mod to moderate, and that mod moderates with a post, but does not "leave" the conversation, maybe the party wants to continue without the mod seeing. But that is not what the invite system is for, reporting seems to take care of it all.

Archived