Rebuild Tools (Support)

Michael.J

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I run a board that has more than 10 years. Many posts have several 404 images, which is terrible for SEO and user experience.

How this tool proceed when reach a 404 image!? 

Does it leave the 404 image html or replace it with some 404 text message?

I am very interested in rebuilding all my community posts to use the internal server caching for images and to replace 404 files to some text message or for a image telling that the original file is no longer available.

28 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Right now it just skips images it can't grab. But I'm open to swapping it out with some kind of text in a future version.

Please, add this feature! It will make a revolution in old communities! It will remove all 404 image errors.

In our community we have thousands of broken images. It is impossible to fix them manually.

Your script with this feature would be our salvation... :rofl:

On 26/05/2016 at 10:07 AM, sobrenome said:

Yes, I also switched to HTTPS and would like to know if this tool can help on making embed content secure.

On 26/05/2016 at 8:26 AM, VR6Pete said:

Just switched to https on my site and wondering if the above will be implemented?

For 404 images? I only looked at it briefly but should be able to include it next version. If there are any fixes needed for IPB 4.1.12, I'll try and include it in that release.

On 26/05/2016 at 8:26 AM, VR6Pete said:

Also, does this deal with embedded signatures where users have inserted an image using a http link?

Was only built for post content.

19 hours ago, Mike John said:
On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, VR6Pete said:

Also, does this deal with embedded signatures where users have inserted an image using a http link?

Was only built for post content.

oh ok - if it was extended to signatures that would also be good as otherwise I would still be getting some image content served up from non-https links and sort of defeats the purpose of converting forum content images if users have put images in their signature (Which many have done over the years).

On 28/05/2016 at 8:05 AM, VR6Pete said:

oh ok - if it was extended to signatures that would also be good as otherwise I would still be getting some image content served up from non-https links and sort of defeats the purpose of converting forum content images if users have put images in their signature (Which many have done over the years).

Let me know if there are other locations you can think of. I'll have to check where signatures are stored and if my existing code for posts can be easily adapted.

I don't know if IPS use the image proxy feature for images embed on comments (calendar, blogs, databases, etc) and on records (calendar, blogs, databases, etc).

Maybe the rebuild tool could take care of all. But I imagine that it would be a huge work to get it all.

If you could update the script to work with embed images on topic posts (with the 404 recognition and cleaning) first would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2016 at 1:23 AM, sobrenome said:

Does the Rebuild Tool consider this situation?

No it doesn't, it was designed to only search for external images and won't recognize a changed key for existing cached images. I've had this brought up before by a few others and I will try and see what I can come up with but as of now it's not supported.

• 1 month later...

Can this be run over cli? I keep hitting timeouts.

EDIT Seems I cant use this. After 2 days (and setting my timeouts to 1200 seconds!) we were at 1.5m posts, then my browser crashed and on reopening, it started from 0 again with no option to resume. :( 

20 hours ago, Prank said:

EDIT Seems I cant use this. After 2 days (and setting my timeouts to 1200 seconds!) we were at 1.5m posts, then my browser crashed and on reopening, it started from 0 again with no option to resume. :( 

How many per cycle are you currently running right now?

On 01/08/2016 at 2:00 PM, Prank said:

I started at 100 and the last attempt was 25.

I'll admit I didn't have a massive database to test with but I've ran a few tests now without the timeouts your experiencing. Is it possible to get board access so I can see if there are any server settings or something unique to your setup that might be affecting this?

On 8/5/2016 at 0:05 PM, Mike John said:

I'll admit I didn't have a massive database to test with but I've ran a few tests now without the timeouts your experiencing. Is it possible to get board access so I can see if there are any server settings or something unique to your setup that might be affecting this?

Hi Mike, I just sent you login details.

I'm worried about your warning about backups, is there anything in particular that could go wrong? Or is this a general warning due to the destructive nature of rebuilds?

Thanks,

Christian

On 08/08/2016 at 2:16 PM, Prank said:

I'm worried about your warning about backups, is there anything in particular that could go wrong? Or is this a general warning due to the destructive nature of rebuilds?

It's just a general warning to remind users this is a newly created tool and not as well tested as some of my other apps/plugins.

• 1 month later...

Archived