Allow users to see only own posts AND pinned/featured topics

Cono

Hello,

Using the latest IPS/IP.Board

I'm hoping someone has figured out a way to do this.  I could use the announcement system (but then I have to open up the announcement system to ALL my moderators of different forums, and it appears I can't restrict which forums they are allowed to post announcements to).  I am trying to use the "Users can only see own posts" permission setting for our support forums, so that they are private posts.  However, we have specific instructions on the formatting of their post (think a template they use).  I would like to let my moderators post and pin that template in their respective forums, however, it appears that regular users cannot see this pinned/featured topic.  Has anyone figured out a way to allow this?

Hi @Cono,

Make your moderators ADMINS, even if you give them zero admin powers, and try again and see if it works. Private post should be shown if it is an admins post; also admins should be able to see all post listed, even if it's set to private.

Let me know if that works. If not, visit my webpage below for hands on help.

Regards,

Admins can see your posts in a forum with this setting, so if they reply to yours you will see the post, but if they create a topic you won't see it. Then you would never be able to allow admins to use this setting, for example, testing posts in the test forum here or for other reasons.

An announcement may work. It is not considered a post. Have you tried an announcement? Really though Forum Rules works perfectly imo.

Archived