Pages: separation of linked records

opentype

Feature request for @Matt

Records from the Database Relashionship field were shown as comma-separated in 3.4. Pages doesn’t do that anymore and just throws out an long stream of unseparated text when multiple entries are used. And since we can only access either the record IDs or the full HTML snippet for all links, there is also no simple and clean way to add a separator, add classes to the links or anything like that. 

Please consider options to make this more versatile or at least behave like 3.4 so we can continue to use it as before. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Haku2 Quick fix via CSS:

Use the “Display Custom Format” option in the field settings of the relationship field. Add something like:

{{if $formValue}}
<span class="linkseparator">{$value|raw}</span>
{{endif}}

And in your theme’s custom.css add:

.linkseparator a:after { content: ', ';}
.linkseparator a:last-child:after { content: '';}

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 11:20 AM, opentype said:

@Haku2 Quick fix via CSS:

Use the “Display Custom Format” option in the field settings of the relationship field. Add something like:

{{if $formValue}}
<span class="linkseparator">{$value|raw}</span>
{{endif}}

And in your theme’s custom.css add:

.linkseparator a:after { content: ', ';}
.linkseparator a:last-child:after { content: '';}

Thank you very much for this quick fix @opentype!  It is still somewhat very limiting in what can be done with it without at least a few more dirty quick fixes, at least for my use cases, but it definitely provides for a much better aesthetic appearance than before.

On 3/25/2016 at 0:33 AM, Lindy said:

We're going to try and do something potentially for 4.1.11

Thank you @Lindy. I know this may be a bit difficult to squeeze into 4.1.11 due to other, more critical pending items (features, bugs, etc.), but I very much look forward to seeing this implemented somewhere in the next few releases of IP.Pages.

Archived