Safely upgrading from Nexus 3.4.x to Commerce 4.x

ehren.

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the topic.

A few months ago there was a topic which suggested that Paypal subscriptions created in 3.4.x would no longer be compatible with 4.x due to new API's used by Paypal and Commerce.  This is the main reason preventing me from upgrading my community, so I was wondering:
a. has this been resolved?
b. what steps should I follow to make sure my current customers don't experience any interruptions with their subscriptions?
c. for those who have upgraded, have there been any benefits over the 3.x version (new features, etc)?

I also use Stripe for payments. I assume that the API issue was only related to Paypal and that Stripe will continue to work fine.

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)

19 minutes ago, ehren. said:

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the topic.

A few months ago there was a topic which suggested that Paypal subscriptions created in 3.4.x would no longer be compatible with 4.x due to new API's used by Paypal and Commerce.  This is the main reason preventing me from upgrading my community, so I was wondering:
a. has this been resolved?
b. what steps should I follow to make sure my current customers don't experience any interruptions with their subscriptions?
c. for those who have upgraded, have there been any benefits over the 3.x version (new features, etc)?

I also use Stripe for payments. I assume that the API issue was only related to Paypal and that Stripe will continue to work fine.

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)

Subscriptions have been fixed. And they work with the new api. To get the billing agreement to work on new system would just need to have your clients redo their subscription.

1 hour ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Subscriptions have been fixed. And they work with the new api. To get the billing agreement to work on new system would just need to have your clients redo their subscription.

Thanks for the reply..

What would that involve exactly? I have a few thousand customers, so I may need to make an announcement informing them on what to do :)

You don't have to do anything with existing paypal subs, they will work all on their own now.

On the new paypal setup moving forward, just setup the new method, and all future purchases will use the new billing agreement and the old ones will continue to work as well.

If you have trouble, submit a ticket and we can assist you with any issues. :) 

20 minutes ago, Rhett said:

You don't have to do anything with existing paypal subs, they will work all on their own now.

On the new paypal setup moving forward, just setup the new method, and all future purchases will use the new billing agreement and the old ones will continue to work as well.

If you have trouble, submit a ticket and we can assist you with any issues. :) 

nice. thats good to know.

Archived