Private Section Issue

Fatal Resort

So.. a problem I've encountered recently is that in one of my support boards when a staff member responds to a thread, their post shows up in their post feed on their profile as well as the profiles of people who are following that member... Which kind of destroys the whole 'privacy' part of the section.

Only people who are supposed to see those posts are the member who created the thread in the support section + staff members on my forum.

I've gone over my permissions and nothing seems to fix the issue, How can I go about fixing this problem...?

10 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Even under Edit Forum, Forum Settings, scroll to bottom under permissions, 'Users can see topics posted by other users' ; have that disabled. that way moderators and the poster can see the post. 

I have this setup for staff applications on my site.

That's how I had it set up. But the posts made in those sections till showed up on users post feeds on profiles. For all users, even if they couldn't see the thread.

It should only show items they have permission to actually see. By this I mean they should not be able to cheat and see things they would not normally by filtering someone's profile activity. :)

Are you using the latest version ?

If not I would suggest upgrading to see if it persists or submit a ticket in the Client Area so a technician can take a look at this for you.

On 2/13/2016 at 3:12 PM, AndyF said:

It should only show items they have permission to actually see. By this I mean they should not be able to cheat and see things they would not normally by filtering someone's profile activity. :)

Are you using the latest version ?

If not I would suggest upgrading to see if it persists or submit a ticket in the Client Area so a technician can take a look at this for you.

Yes, I am running the latest version.

The section is set so regular members can only reply/view their own threads, while staff can view/reply to all threads in that section.

A member of mine showed me that they were able to see the posts that were made in that section to threads (that weren't to their own thread) on profile post feeds.

I've disabled the board for now until I can figure out what's causing it '~'

Archived