Validating Members Queue - No Heads up anymore?

jucs

I see no indication anymore when you have a member to validate such as when they changed their address. I had to be contacted by the member and then went into admin, clicked members, and the cilcked validating and there he was.

That is just a bad deal if that is the case. I don't want to have to go hack around to see if I have to do anything in the admin and also have members have to use the contact form to let me know they are in the queue.

Any admin task pending should be front and center as a temp message when entering the admin function (in my opinion).

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You mean like a widget that can be added to the ACP Dashboard called "Users Awaiting Admin Approval", which can be added by clicking the '+ Add' button on the dashboard and then position within the dashboard as you see fit? ;)

Screenshot_17.thumb.png.3650210138524b74

Interesting, I never new that was there.  I just tried it and it shows a guest user.  It seems this is a fake user?

Dashboard.png.ea1c653c1f5fec740e6ec07977

• 9 months later...

How does this work? I mean how can someone get into this "admin approval" queue in the first place?

I had someone sign up for my forum a few days ago and only today I noticed this widget telling me this total stranger was waiting to be approved as admin.

And then I only have 2 options, make him/her admin (not going to happen) or ban him/her. So now he/she is banned. Maybe it was a mistake? If so why is there no "disapprove" option?

I know, questions, questions:sweat: but I really like to know as I find this troublesome. Did I kick someone innocent or not?

10 minutes ago, riko said:

How does this work? I mean how can someone get into this "admin approval" queue in the first place?

I had someone sign up for my forum a few days ago and only today I noticed this widget telling me this total stranger was waiting to be approved as admin.

And then I only have 2 options, make him/her admin (not going to happen) or ban him/her. So now he/she is banned. Maybe it was a mistake? If so why is there no "disapprove" option?

I know, questions, questions:sweat: but I really like to know as I find this troublesome. Did I kick someone innocent or not?

To clarify - you think that above screen options mean "make this user an admin" or "Ban this user"? You're right about one of them, and it's not the "make this user an admin"

User's are "awaiting admin approval" after they sign up IF you have the 'Administrator Validation' or 'Email and administrator validation' option set in your registration settings (Open the acp, type registration in to the search and then click on registration)

Archived