Profile Images do not show for certain users.

Heyhoe

Could somebody please take a look at my site?

www.kartreview.co.uk.

For some reason if I use my modified skin, Profile pictures do not show for some users.. If i switch to the default skin they work fine.

I don't think I have altered the code for profile pictures and recently went through an upgrade and didn't notice any changes to the code. Maybe i have missed an update to the skin files?

Thanks.

The upload paths are probably set incorrectly or called incorrectly, since they are indeed connected to the theme. 

http://www.kartreview.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png

That shouldn’t be the case. I would open a ticket with IPS. 

Oh, right! I was too quick and was only looking at the beginning of the URL. It’s not the uploaded images that are broken, it’s the default photo for the theme!

Go to Customization → Themes → [Your Theme] → Manage Resource → default_photo to correct your missing image. 

Something is not right,

NoImagesResources.thumb.png.67966e9192d4

It's almost as if some versions or instances of the images show up and then others don't. The preview page being a prime example.

When I click the image link it gives the "Sorry, there is a problem - Cannot find the page you requested" error.

However, I have not noticed any images (Apart from the profile photo) missing throughout the suite... :S Or maybe I have just not noticed!

So, once again IPS have given me the "Custom themes are outside of the scope of support, please contact the theme author".

Thanks for the help IPS.

Can anyone help me out with this? I have no idea why it would have happened as I have altered nothing relating to the resource images, I didn't even know about them until recently.

Well, I downloaded the theme and then re-uploaded it.

Hey presto, the images now work.

If this was an error with the theme, surely the theme would still be broken when I uploaded a new one? It feels like IPS can't actually be bothered to read the support ticket, see "Custom Skin" and just paste in the standard response.

Oh well.

Archived