New Topic Rules

With version Invision 4.5.3 this plugin is causing the function to split topics to fail.

Error: Call to a member function getRulesForumData() on null (0)
#0 /var/www/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(3689): IPS\forums\hook478::formElements()
#1 /var/www/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1143): IPS\Content\_Controller->_splitForm()
#2 /var/www/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(2763): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_splitForm()
#3 /var/www/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1164): IPS\Content\_Controller->_split()
#4 /var/www/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(2178): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_split()
#5 /var/www/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1108): IPS\Content\_Controller->__call()
#6 /var/www/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->__call()
#7 /var/www/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/forum/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(16): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateController->execute()
#10 /var/www/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#11 /var/www/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Would be nice to get an update here.

Cheers
Werner

What's New in Version 4.2.0

Enhancement:

• Now converted to an application to adjust to new marketplace rules

Fix:

• Fix error when trying to split posts

Upgrade from (any) plugin version to the Application:

• Just install this application and it will port your data (forums rules) to the new format and the old plug-in will be automatically uninstalled from your community.

Update first failed for me ("no permission") until I realized the purchase is bound to the license holders account and not shared between alternate contacts.

Anyways. Update was successful then. Though it seems the rule text has not been converted. The text box is empty.

Not sure if this could be our fault.... maybe you wanna double check if it works as expected. No big loss at least 🙂

Cheers

Werner

Edit: There is an issue when using centered text in a ruleset:

grafik.png.ea7a2c17980b72c399487888f6f2db96.png

Edited by Armbian_Werner
  • 1 year later...

Hey there,

I ran into an issue that seems to be caused by New Topic Rules.

When I try to split a post from a threads within a club it leads into a "something went wrong."

Is this a known issue?

The error is also in the admincp logs which I'd gladly provide via PM if needed.

Cheers

Werner

1 hour ago, Armbian_Werner said:

Hey there,

When I try to split a post from a threads within a club it leads into a "something went wrong."

Is this a known issue?

The error is also in the admincp logs which I'd gladly provide via PM if needed.

Cheers

Werner

Post the error that shows in the logs please.

On 5/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Post the error that shows in the logs please.

#0 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(3670): IPS\forums\newtopicrules_hook_topicModel::formElements()
#1 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1259): IPS\Content\_Controller->_splitForm()
#2 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(2719): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_splitForm()
#3 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1280): IPS\Content\_Controller->_split()
#4 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(2207): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_split()
#5 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1224): IPS\Content\_Controller->__call()
#6 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->__call()
#7 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(16): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateController->execute()
#10 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#11 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

5 hours ago, Armbian_Werner said:
#0 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(3670): IPS\forums\newtopicrules_hook_topicModel::formElements()
#1 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1259): IPS\Content\_Controller->_splitForm()
#2 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(2719): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_splitForm()
#3 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1280): IPS\Content\_Controller->_split()
#4 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(2207): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_split()
#5 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1224): IPS\Content\_Controller->__call()
#6 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->__call()
#7 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(16): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\templates_hook_TemplateController->execute()
#10 /var/www/forum.armbian.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#12 {main}

So what’s happening there? Is there a rule for this forum? Is it a category? I need more information. This reported by you in Oct/2020 and was fixed.

EDIT: Ok, happens when you try to split posts. Will check it out.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, Armbian_Werner said:

Hey there,

Is this a known issue?

Cheers

Werner

14 hours ago, Armbian_Werner said:
#12 {main}

I just tested and can't reproduce. Post is splitted, no error in logs.

You reported this in October/20. It was fixed a few days after you report. You never downloaded new version. So I went to check and you don't show as purchaser of this file, that's why you never downloaded it. So if you are talking in someone else's behalf, just ask the the purchaser to request for support.

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

So I went to check and you don't show as purchaser of this file, that's why you never downloaded it.

According to them they run into the errors that they described when splitting a topic on their own forum. That seems to me that they are not talking on behalf of someone else, which raises the question how were they able to use your app when they did not purchase it. 

Maybe you should bring this to the attention of the Ipb staff...

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

thank you for the quick fix after sorting out the license stuff.

I wonder if it would be possible to

a) copy the rule text as well to other forums and/or

b) copy all settings at once to multiple other forums

The copy icon is missing besides the rule boxes

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Werner

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yeah, it is a Core thing. You can’t copy any “editor” field. 

Ah okay, got it.

What do you think about b?

My issue is that I'd need to copy the same settings and rules to about 100 forums one by one which would take forever and I wonder if there is a way to optimize that process.

Cheers

Werner

• 11 months later...
51 minutes ago, opentype said:

Hi Adriano,

can you check compatibility with 4.7.11? It seemed to have stopped working after the IPS cookie changes. 

It’s not possible to go beyond the rules page and actually start a topic. 

Yes, it's a new (not documented) thing in IPS 4.7.11:

Will upload a new version as soon as I fix it. I'll probably have to leave cookies behind and store the info on the database, as the cookies from this app are dynamic (stores the forum ID) and the new function doesn't seem to support this.

Edited by Adriano Faria
17 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

It won't work yet, I've only just written the code to handle it 🙂

Wow, so there's another issue there as it is working. 😄

Are you going to release a patch or only next month with a new version?

@Stuart Silvester, this is working for me:

public function _getEssentialCookieNames(): array
	{
		$appCookie = \IPS\Settings::i()->ntr_CookiePrefix . '_*';

return array( $appCookie );
	}

It shouldn't?

Edited by Adriano Faria